Disabled access

Recommend a package holiday or Tours in the TRNC. Find out or recommend where to go and what to see.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Gunner16
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Disabled access

•   Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Gunner16 »

I am looking for a hotel or holiday let for 2 weeks in September that is disabled friendly. I need a wet room and wheelchair access so if anyone can help or give me some help on looking at a suitable hotel would appreciate it. Thank you.

Ragged Robin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Disabled access

•   Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Ragged Robin »

Guner I hope you do not mind but I have copied this to the Disabled forum. I am also sending you a Private Message

woodspeckie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

Post by woodspeckie »

Speak to Zarah at the Pia Bella Hotel we have stayed there and many times have seen wheelchair tourists staying and the attention to needs by the staff there have been excellent.

Ragged Robin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Ragged Robin »

with respect to Woodspekie and the mods, I have again copied above post to the Disabled forum so that all the info for the unfortunate is collated in one place

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

Post by erol »

Ragged Robin wrote:.....so that all the info for the unfortunate is collated in one place
!

http://www.aucd.org/docs/add/sa_summits ... %20Doc.pdf
General Guidelines for Talking about Disability

Use the term “disability,” and take the following terms out of your vocabulary when talking about or talking to people with disabilities. Don’t use the terms “handicapped,” “differently-abled,” “cripple,” “crippled,” “victim,” “retarded,” “stricken,” “poor,” “unfortunate,” or “special needs.”

Ragged Robin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Ragged Robin »

What is your point Erol?

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

Post by erol »

Ragged Robin wrote:What is your point Erol?
Referring to people with disabilities as the 'unfortunate' is in my opinion (and apparently that of the organisation I linked to) not helpful as far as 'improving how people with disabilities are talked about in places like the media or in everyday conversations'.

Ragged Robin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Ragged Robin »

I do not approve, of Political Correctness, nor do I think I am in a minority, and I can see no disrespect in calling a gardening tool, a spade.

In fact I dislike the word "disabled" as it always makes me think of taking the rotor arm out of a car. People with handicaps are not necessarily disabled - they often are more able in many ways but some things are harder or take longer. I did not want this thread headed "disabled", but I was overruled and gazumped!!

I suggested this thread to help all the "unfortunates" who for one reason or another - particularly but not restricted to - the "disabled" - were excluded from normal activities, - for example the house ridden through lack of suitable transport, and those who are afraid to go out at night, and those who are too poor through not fault of their own.

Please I really do not want this thread to be spoiled by yet another Kibcom argument or Witch Hunt. If you want to discuss political correctness please start another thread.

If the mods are montoring this thread please could they help by ensuring appropriate posts appear on it. Cutting and pasting is not easy for me, particularly this weather, because of my own problems and I have spend time I can ill afford on it.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

I think it is very important that things are labelled correctly. Handicapable is a new buzzword but obviously the disabled aren't in a position to have a clear opinion.

I have never met a black person who objects to the word blackboard but met quite a few white liberal virtue signallers who will get mortally offended on their behalf.

But lets be honest, for the Guardianistas they actually aren't in the business of solving problems. They can point out imaginary problems and discuss and form committees but practical help, no chance.

When a river bursts it's banks most people start hauling sandbags.
A leftie will form one committee to see whether it was caused by global warming, one to ensure health and safety procedures are carried out by those carry the sandbags and obviously a committee to ensure that women are suitably represented hauling the sandbags and are not being gender shamed because they can't actually lift one. Once all those committees have reported their findings then we will examine the best way to go forward.

Should you actually stop the flooding by ignoring the committees and just piling up sandbags they will make up some statistics that somehow prove that it is still flooding even though you can see with your own eyes it has stopped.

Return to “HOLIDAYS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”