Turkcell contract, what docs required?

Advice on using Mobile Phones within the TRNC: SIM Cards, Repairs, cheap calls to UK...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

a1sysman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Turkcell contract, what docs required?

•   Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

Post by a1sysman »

Good morning

We registered and paid the customs duty on our iphones in Lefkosa yesterday.

To save me a wasted journey into Girne today please can anyone advise what docs we need to take into the Turkcell shop in order to sign up for a contract. At this time we prefer contract to PAYG.

TIA.
libens volens potens

Cemal
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Turkcell contract, what docs required?

•   Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Cemal »

You have to have residence here.

wanderer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

Post by wanderer »

If you are still UK based switch to vodafone it classes Turkey as part of europe so use your uk package and for £3 a month 100 minutes call any where in the world

a1sysman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

Post by a1sysman »

wanderer wrote:If you are still UK based switch to vodafone it classes Turkey as part of europe so use your uk package and for £3 a month 100 minutes call any where in the world
We are retaining our Vodafone UK contracts, for the time being at least. We wish to also take out Turkcell contracts as we have moved to NC on a permanent basis. My inquiry is specific to what docs I need to take with me to the Turkcell shop in Girne, or wherever, to complete a contract application. I don't want to be missing one or more documents when I go into Turkcell. Just inquiring if anyone on Kibkom has this info.
libens volens potens

davedee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

Post by davedee »

wanderer looked at website and as far as I can make out Turkey is coming off the list mid May,could be reading that wrong though.

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

a1sysman wrote:
wanderer wrote:If you are still UK based switch to vodafone it classes Turkey as part of europe so use your uk package and for £3 a month 100 minutes call any where in the world
We are retaining our Vodafone UK contracts, for the time being at least. We wish to also take out Turkcell contracts as we have moved to NC on a permanent basis. My inquiry is specific to what docs I need to take with me to the Turkcell shop in Girne, or wherever, to complete a contract application. I don't want to be missing one or more documents when I go into Turkcell. Just inquiring if anyone on Kibkom has this info.
It's been a long time since I did mine, but from memory it was passport and copy of contract/rental or kocan to go from payg to contract with Turkcell.

Also there was a thread on here about Vodafone changing their mind about Turkey, so it should still be included in your package. http://www.kibkomnorthcyprusforum.com/v ... ne#p205248

wanderer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

Post by wanderer »

davedee had a text off vodafone saying that Turkey was not going to change and Turkey was continuing to be part of europe

a1sysman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

Post by a1sysman »

wanderer wrote:davedee had a text off vodafone saying that Turkey was not going to change and Turkey was continuing to be part of europe
My wife and I also had text messages from Vodafone confirming Turkey would now remain in the roam-free rather than be included in the roam-further tariffs - but all this is nothing to do with my initial post. I was after information as to what I need to bring to a Turkcell shop in order to successfully complete a phone package contract (not PAYG).
libens volens potens

a1sysman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

Post by a1sysman »

alphamike wrote:It's been a long time since I did mine, but from memory it was passport and copy of contract/rental or kocan to go from payg to contract with Turkcell.
Thank you.
libens volens potens

Mimi2
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Mimi2 »

If you are with Vodafone UK & want a Turkish Number & contract. Why not change to Telsim Vodafone?
It's Vodafone Turkey virtually same packages available as UK. Can't understand why you want to change to Turkcell!!

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Like others, its years since we signed up to Turkcell and yes it was Passport, House Contract, duly stamped to show we had paid tax and I have a very vague notion that we had to show that we had a bank account here. But that might have been for something else. We were running around like headless chickens at the time!!

Return to “MOBILE PHONES - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”