UK Vodafone Sim in the South

Advice on using Mobile Phones within the TRNC: SIM Cards, Repairs, cheap calls to UK...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

judyvin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

UK Vodafone Sim in the South

•   Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Post by judyvin »

I have been to the South on 2 occasions recently and both times my UK Sim did not work. It works perfectly well in the North. The Sim is in a phone that is registered with Turkcell and I wonder if it is barred for that reason. Can anyone advise?

wanderer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: UK Vodafone Sim in the South

•   Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Post by wanderer »

Judy I and the wife have uk vodafone two phones
works fine in the south as well as the North but not been in cyprus since late October
The no cost texts drives us mad

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

My phone is a TRNC registered one with a UK Vodafone sim card in it. Works both sides but yes get sick of the texts telling us that we may be expecting a message about costs.

If I am over the South the provider comes up as Cyta. Here it just shows Vodafone. Make sure in settings that Network Operators is set to Select Automatically.

a1sysman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Post by a1sysman »

judyvin wrote:I have been to the South on 2 occasions recently and both times my UK Sim did not work. It works perfectly well in the North. The Sim is in a phone that is registered with Turkcell and I wonder if it is barred for that reason. Can anyone advise?
Try turning the phone off and back on again. This has worked for me on the occasions my UK Vodafone sim phone has not network connected once crossed over from north to south, or vice versa.
libens volens potens

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

You may need to set the phone to automatically connect to networks if it is set to manual connection then it won't pick up the Vodafone network when you move off one network's area of coverage unless you tell it to.

Check the phone's settings....

Trigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Trigger »

I had this problem at one point. I contacted Vodafone and they told me / directed me to change some settings and then it started working again.

I could call / text, it was just the data that was an issue. I had to change the name of a server in my data settings iirc.

Just contact customer services using the app

Return to “MOBILE PHONES - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”