A parliamentary motion that could lead to same-sex marriages

Planning a wedding in the TRNC? Get all the information you need from Kibkom members.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

iancrumpy
Verified Member
Verified Member

A parliamentary motion that could lead to same-sex marriages

•   Message 1 of 3 in Discussion

Post by iancrumpy »

Hi guys,

I read today on http://www.haberkktc.com/haber/escincel ... 48466.html that Serdar Denktaş' party, the CTP, are to bring a motion to the Meclis proposing altering the constitution to allow same-sex marriages in the TRNC.

Eroğlu's UBP though would seem to be very much against the idea, with one UBP MP quoted as saying "it goes against our morals."

However, the main opposition party, TDP, would probably support the motion with one TDP MP calling homosexuality quite "normal".

That's the gist of the report guys. What do you think? For someone who attended a friend's gay wedding (or "civil partnership") in London a couple of years ago, you can probably guess that I have no objections to it.

Regards,
Ian

iancrumpy
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: A parliamentary motion that could lead to same-sex marri

•   Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

Post by iancrumpy »

Hi again,
I feel though that most here in the north, particularly most of the mainlanders, would be against the idea - indeed many are too conservative to even accept that homosexuality is present in TRNC.
Ian

iancrumpy
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: A parliamentary motion that could lead to same-sex marri

•   Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

Post by iancrumpy »

iancrumpy wrote: ... that Serdar Denktaş' party, the CTP, are to bring a motion to the Meclis proposing altering the constitution to allow same-sex marriages in the TRNC.
It has been correctly pointed out to me that the CTP is not Serdar Denktaş' party ... his party is the DP ... sorry

Return to “WEDDINGS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”