Existing Eco Free Electric Co. customers

How to save energy and money in North Cyprus: Solar Panels, Wind Turbines - find out all you need to know about renewable energy.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

nigelh
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Existing Eco Free Electric Co. customers

•   Message 1 of 21 in Discussion

Post by nigelh »

Hi,
I am hopefully going to have a 3KWp solar panel, "on grid", system installed by Eco Free Electric, on my house in Kayalar, as soon as the equipment is delivered.
I ordered it in December and installation has been promised "very soon".
However, I haven't, yet, been able to see any of their existing installations and would be very interested to hear from any member of this forum who has one of their systems up and running.
Or are you still awaiting equipment delivery like me?
Looking forward to hearing back from you,
Nigel
(http://www.nigelheasman.com)

owl
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Existing Eco Free Electric Co. customers

•   Message 2 of 21 in Discussion

Post by owl »

nigel

I am emailing you within the next hour.

owl
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 21 in Discussion

Post by owl »

I haven't dealt with Eco Free Electric, they may be excellent. Solar is becoming more attracive every day.

I spent 3 years researching & costing 'Solar' before taking the plunge and don't regret it the least, especially since the latest increases in Kibtek prices.
I started with a Solar pool pump system (pool pumps use a LOT of juice), then considered 'On-Grid', then decided on fully 'Off-Grid'.
What a joyous day when we removed the Kibtek meter!

I used Kibsolar, http://www.kibsolar.com email: [email protected] Very pleased with their advice and quality equipment which should outlast me!

p.s. I dont get any commission from them, maybe just the odd cup of coffee!

nigelh
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 21 in Discussion

Post by nigelh »

Many thanks, "owl" for your private message and post - I'll certainly take up your offer!
Will be in touch
Nigel

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 5 of 21 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

Owl, thanks very much for recommendation,
for advertisement reasons we just counted our solar projects... and we are well above 100 projects, 50 alone the last two years..all over the island, from Dipkarpaz to Güzelyurt.
Delivery times are always a bit of a problem, but a 3kWp system we usually should have in stock.
Kind Regards,

eco free electric
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 21 in Discussion

Post by eco free electric »

Hi Nigel

As we discussed in our office the other day we are quite willing to arrange a visit for you to see one of our existing install please call us to arrange however you will be install next week as we have said

eco free electric
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 21 in Discussion

Mr G Hall,
Karaoglanoglu installed with all the kib-tek and goverment permission so all legal install in north cyprus
please visit our website for pictures

nigelh
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 21 in Discussion

Post by nigelh »

Hi "eco free electric",
thanks for the replies.
I managed to find Mr Graham Hall's house at Karaoglanoglu, using some "detective" work and the picture on your web site.
We had a good chat and he was very helpfull.
I am looking forward to having my system installed next week, as promised, now that the lovely sunny weather is here!
Thanks
Nigel

eco free electric
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 21 in Discussion

Hi Nigel
Now you have your system installed how was your experiance

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 10 of 21 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

As there is no Net-meter installed from Kibtek, Nigel most probably realises that the vast majority of the energy production of his new PV system is not used (by him) and now goes uncredited (and illegal) into the KIBTEK grid.

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 11 of 21 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

It is always nice when nobody answeres us back.. makes our point clear.
Be careful with the system sizing.. as "everybody" wants to sell you as much as possible..
Kibsolar1999
Solar energy systems in the TRNC since 1999
Again: if you have a pool, start with solar pool pumping, the only system with a genuine payback, "anything else" can be installed later.

eco free electric
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 21 in Discussion

KIBSOLAR1999 We apologise for the delay in answering your previous post. This is not due to ignorance but because we have been extremely busy installing many more systems. Contrary to your comments, feeding the grid is not illegalin the TRNC and as ECO FREE ELECTRIC we DO NOT carry out any work that is illegal. You probably do not have the correct information and / or are ignoring the fact that as of 14th of February 2014, the TRNC government has passed the Renewable Energy Law, where 20.1 Includes the net-metering law and KIBTEK are in the process of preparations to install two-way meters, which will mean that our customers will be credited with their generation. All our customers are provided with a thorough energy survey and assessment to ensure that the correct size system is installed. We make all the relevant applications and have a team of tradesman experienced, qualified and licensed to carry this work out. As ECO FREE ELECTRIC we are a member of the Electricians Union and our complete system is signed off by a qualified electrician.

KIBSOLAR1999 please refrain from providing the WRONG information on this Forum, and in particular making comments regarding ECO FREE ELECTRIC and / or our customers.

If you would like to be taught or trained on the laws in the TRNC please do not hesitate to contact us.

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 13 of 21 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

Operate and connect a Renewable energy system to the grid without a permission IS illegal.
- 47/2011 YEK yasasi (law) and
- several articles the regulations, YEK uygulama ve denetim Tüzügü, speak a clear language.
NO question about it and ecofree stands with their opinion VERY alone.
Article 20(1) only describes "the net metering" and how it will be handled, we have to read the articles 1-19 and 22 to 24 as well.

Anyway, we are active in the "solar business" in the TNC since 1999 and we will lead you through the "application djungel".
After that, we will install you the agreed system and KIBTEK will connect you .. legally.
NOTE: we need several datas. For those without title deeds or those who are on builders electricity, we have to sort some things.
It is not sure that you can get a permission.

In the new application forms nothing is said about "DC systems", so, a solar runned pool pump (which runs from DC) is a nice start for everything, especially for those mentioned above.
- it is a "short cut" to your energy savings
- works also during power cut, from sunrise to sunset, all year round.
- is not "more expensive" than a netmetering system.
We offer DC solar pool, well , booster and pressure pump systems.
And: Netmeter systems, "minimum capacity systems", off-grid, grid-supplemented, so called selfconsumption, back-up systems and more.
For those who want to install themselfes (which is theoretical possible) or for electricians-electric engeneers and others : we offer equipment from several well known companies and are the often the sole distributors as well: Lorentz, Victron, Fronius, Outback, MidNite, Solarworld, IBC Solar and some more.

Kind Regards,

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 14 of 21 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

YESTERDAY, not a month ago or two..
KIBTEK went for tender for a couple of thousands e-meters, also some net-metering units.
closing date is 30.5.2014.. then Kibtek need to decide... after that, the winner must order and deliver.
Takes a while..
So, lets wait until nigelH makes his post here that he got his new net-meter and that he has been succesfully, and now legally, connected.
Maybe Kibtek has some "trial net-meters" in stock, 5 or 10 or so, to make nigelH happy a bit earlier.

eco free electric
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 21 in Discussion

Kibsolar,

Once again incorrect information by you is been posted here by you.

I suggest you look at evidence and speak with the correct people before posting on Kibkom.

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 16 of 21 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

What kind of "incorrect info" was given from us?
that kibtek did NOT go to tender for electric meters?
sorry, thats a fact (ref number KTTO-05-2014-04-059)
What else is incorrect? Enlighten us all, please.
And if forum members would like to obtain info whether it is legal to install (especially grid feed) systems without a permission, they can call the representative from the Energy ministery at the "permission board", Mehmet Ercilasun, at 0090 392 2283735 ext. 149 or 136.
If his anwser is not a clear "NO, you need a permission", please post here immediately.
Thank you in advance.

eco free electric
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 21 in Discussion

First paragraph in the law reads as below:

Temel İlkeler
5. (1) Her ne amaçla olursa olsun, yenilenebilir enerji kaynaklarından elektrik üretimi Bakanlığın iznine tabidir.

To translate: 5. (1) For whatever purpose ( meaning self use or commercial ), any renewable energy system installed requires a permission from the ministry.

Kibsolar, I think that the fact you state no permission is required is wrong. Dont you?

It just goes to show that some installers do not want to follow the government guidelines and by using incorrect and false information try to convince customers to install ''illegal systems''.

If anyone wishes to obtain further information they can call the ministry and speak with any member of the renewable energy committee or call us on 03928159502 - 05338557491 or pop into our Karakum office.

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 18 of 21 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

no. please read our posts.
we stated several times and very clearly that especially customers who want to feed the grid with excess electricity" (grid connected systems and-or Net metering systems), need to have a permission in a written form BEFORE they install such a system.
Many companies claimed to "have all permissions", even promised "grants" for grid-feed systems (eg regulations from 2012-3)... and now try to get "after permissions" from the ministery to get a Net-meter for their customers.

eco free electric
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 21 in Discussion

Kibsolar1999,

I did wonder why a company as stated by you has been installing in North Cyprus for many years only has a handful of systems installed and customers you have managed to install for, seems to recommend us rather than you to their friends. Well since I have been reading your posts here I do not need that questioned answered anymore.

Please continue with any business you may have and stop giving wrong information to the members of the public.

Incidentally can you please advise us where your office is please? I mean as a legally trading company with qualified and legal members of staff you must have an office somewhere?

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 20 of 21 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

Eco,
you try everything to belittle us, dont you?
Again, as mentioned already, we are involved in more than 150 installations.
In times of no grants and-or netmetering, that have not been easy.. , sure.
We build up relations to many well known companies in the solar business.
We are off-grid and solar water pumping experts, this kind and design the system to the individual customers needs.
No "kits" are sold.
BTW, where you have been all that time?
It was obviously not interesting for you to "sit in vans" and go for installation, sometimes in very remote areas.
Now.. now.. uhhh.. the government of the TRNC issued a new law..and the newies are popping up like mushrooms...
Say "thank you", eco, because "guys like me" (these people who give wrong info, you know) have been working on that for many, many years
This week another shop opened in Kyrenia, company was founded last month. Another solar expert.
To make one thing clear:
Nothing is easier as to install a couple of PV panels, an inverter (or microinverters), connect them to the existing electric supply and wait that Kibtek comes to connect the net-meter unit.
Thats peanuts.
Do you believe that "we all" are now sitting "in vans" and doing nothing? That your applications are the "only ones" which are handed in to the ministery?

Anyway, we had an office from 2005-2010 and closed it. no time to sit there, we work on appointment only.

And reg our customer: be happy that you got a customer.. it simply was a misunderstanding.
Anyway, for all people interested:
We do not fear competition, contact us and you will get a list of all more or less reliable solar companies we know in Northern Cyprus.

IPMAN
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 21 of 21 in Discussion

Post by IPMAN »

Return to “RENEWABLE ENERGY - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”