Lost HP print and scan assistant after Windows 10 update

Want to know how to receive English Channels via the Internet in North Cyprus? Need to repair or buy a laptop?

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

dippersgirl
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Lost HP print and scan assistant after Windows 10 update

•   Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

Post by dippersgirl »

After the latest Windows10 update, suddenly when I click on the HP icon to open the print and scan assistant, it only comes up with the printer, if I right click with the mouse, there amongst the list it says scan. When I use that it directs me to Windows (WIA) Scan. I can use it but it is not as quick, changing the settings is rubbish, and if the internet is not great it doesn't work at all!!!
I literally have done everything that the HP print and scan doctor suggests but no success. I'm getting desperate!!!!
The picture shows the result of the HP scan doctor test, it's not a great photo but I hope it helps to show what I tried
WhatsApp Image 2020-02-07 at 18.08.50.jpeg

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Lost HP print and scan assistant after Windows 10 update

•   Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

When you first get the printer it down loads the HP apps as soon as you plug it in. So try deleting the printer completely and stating again. If that makes no difference if you go into window settings and look for default apps and you may be able to change it from WIA back to HP.

pc4854
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

Post by pc4854 »

Hello,
If you go to the HP website, there is a program there to download called HP printer and scanner doctor, which will test your printer and hopefully rectify any problems. Also you can redownload the application for your printer model, which may also help.

dippersgirl
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

Post by dippersgirl »

Thanks for replying, but no good

Hilltop
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Hilltop »

https://support.hp.com/us-en/topic/wind ... r-printing

From the HP website, I needed to use it to sort a similar problem.

dippersgirl
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

Post by dippersgirl »

After having spent over two hours - one with an assistant, who guided me through everything I have already done and I had told her this in the beginning and then told her I am closing the chat as she was not reading my answers properly - the second hours with a Technical assistant from Microsoft who was more knowledgeable, I gave him access and he did work quite hard but could not solve the issue other than that he has confirmed that maybe a cable connection might do it rather than wifi. I had also opted for the MS scan app - Windows(WIA)Scan, but it is unable to scan in A4 and A3 , only letter or legal format - he could not change that either!!!
Now I will see if somebody can get me a cable to connect the printer.

In the meantime I will have a go at a your suggestion, thank you 'hilltop'!!!

But that will have to be tomorrow, cant stand it anymore

I suppose that are the joys of living in a remote area, can't just pop out to see somebody in Dipkarpaz

dippersgirl
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

Post by dippersgirl »

Ohh...and the silly girl from MS suggested that "maybe if I downloaded 'ScanSnap' that would work"

Brinsley
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Brinsley »

After many, many hours of a new hp deskjet printer bought from the uk and installed here, the scan mode did NOT work having tried everything; uninstall re-install etc etc.. Print & Copy okay, but berated hp on their feed back site of a crap product I had purchased. I got a phone call from hp after 6 months from 'customer support' hp Turkey who took over my laptop and resolved the problem in little time. Their phone number is:- 444 8121, whether or not it's necessary for an Istanbul code phone number I know not. Hope this helps.

dippersgirl
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

Post by dippersgirl »

Thank you Brinsley, will call them if I cannot get it sorted. The thing is this printer/scanner has been great until now

Brinsley
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Brinsley »

Bizarre, I had a follow up phone call from hp Turkey this morning to check that my scanner facility on my printer was working properly however, replied not needed since fix though did check and yes; IT WORKS!! I asked about telephone code and it's 0090212 4448121. Long awaited customer service but does work eventually!!

Return to “INTERNET & COMPUTERS- Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”