West Nile Virus: No new cases. Also patients recovering

Need to know where to find an English speaking Dentist or Doctor in North Cyprus? Find out about members' medical experiences within the TRNC. Ask questions...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

iancrumpy
Verified Member
Verified Member

West Nile Virus: No new cases. Also patients recovering

•   Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Post by iancrumpy »

In the past few days, there have apparently been no new patients admitted to TRNC hospitals with symptons of the virus. Furthermore, of the two patients who were in the intensive care unit of Lefkoşa State Hospital, one has now sufficiently recovered to leave the unit.

Probably best though, that we remain cautious - As stated on another thread by Jacob, who contracted the virus in 2017, the fever can be very serious, and sometimes even fatal

Source : https://www.gundemkibris.com/kibris/bak ... 79126.html

jacob
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: West Nile Virus: No new cases. Also patients recovering

•   Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Post by jacob »

iancrumpy wrote:In the past few days, there have apparently been no new patients admitted to TRNC hospitals with symptons of the virus. Furthermore, of the two patients who were in the intensive care unit of Lefkoşa State Hospital, one has now sufficiently recovered to leave the unit.

Probably best though, that we remain cautious - As stated on another thread by Jacob, who contracted the virus in 2017, the fever can be very serious, and sometimes even fatal

Source : https://www.gundemkibris.com/kibris/bak ... 79126.html
Ian once again, thank you for continuing to post about this extremely nasty viirus, I cannot stress enough how serious and dangerous this is.

Reyntj
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Reyntj »

https://www.lgcnews.com/three-more-case ... suspected/

We live in iskele on thursday my daughter got bit by a misquitoe on her forehead. It became very swollen . After 24 hours it went down . On saturday night she had a temoetature which continued until sunday where she slept fir a few hours n thecafternoon . Shes fine now . On monday and tuesday my wife was sick with a temperature and stayed in bed and dudnt go to work . Shes mostly better now . Im niot saying this was the fever but it is concerning .

iancrumpy
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Post by iancrumpy »

I'm not saying we shouldn't still take the virus seriously, but I'm afraid the news on LGC news is not that new - The three new cases, they write of in their report, were three of the patients taken in for observation a few days ago. However, those "three patients" have had blood samples sent to Turkey to test for the virus. Those tests would seem to be taking a long time to do.

Yesterday, there were no more patients admitted to TRNC hospitals with symptons of the virus, and today there have been no reports in the mainstream TRNC press of new cases.

jacob
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Post by jacob »

Reyntj wrote:https://www.lgcnews.com/three-more-case ... suspected/

We live in iskele on thursday my daughter got bit by a misquitoe on her forehead. It became very swollen . After 24 hours it went down . On saturday night she had a temoetature which continued until sunday where she slept fir a few hours n thecafternoon . Shes fine now . On monday and tuesday my wife was sick with a temperature and stayed in bed and dudnt go to work . Shes mostly better now . Im niot saying this was the fever but it is concerning .
Please use a mossie spray that contains DEET, the mossies hate the smell of Deet.

Return to “MEDICAL & DENTAL - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”