Northern Cyprus football

Talk about sport in or out of the TRNC. Find out about Karate Classes, local football matches, Scuba Diving ... and much more.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Northern Cyprus football

Postby TykeTraveller » Thu 06 Sep 2018 1:00 pm

I'm heading for Northern Cyprus at the end of the month and will be taking in a few KPET Super League and League One fixtures in and around the Famagusta region.
Any tips for particulary photogenic/unusual grounds to visit or general info about the league/clubs, etc, appreciated.
TykeTraveller

Re: Northern Cyprus football

Postby sabrerich » Fri 07 Sep 2018 7:48 am

Season starts weekend 22/23 Sept Matches in Famagusta for that weekend :

Saturday Sept 23 : anakkale v Akova Vurdu League 1 ko 4-30pm at anakkale Muharrem D繹ve癟 Stad覺 ground near roundabout on end of Lefkosa- Famagusta main road very rural and basic ground but locals very friendly
Sunday 23rd Sept Mara v Dumlup覺nar a local derby should be redhot atmosphere 覺n Mara very small Stad覺um. ko 4-30pm Mara Sahas覺 ( a bit of a sod to find need to head out on main road to the border, them just before crossing take a left and another left very rural and basic stadium.
The Football Federation as i write this have not published any more fixtures yet for the following week
sabrerich
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Postby EnjoyingTheSun » Fri 07 Sep 2018 8:33 am

sabrerich wrote:Season starts weekend 22/23 Sept Matches in Famagusta for that weekend :

Saturday Sept 23 : anakkale v Akova Vurdu League 1 ko 4-30pm at anakkale Muharrem D繹ve癟 Stad覺 ground near roundabout on end of Lefkosa- Famagusta main road very rural and basic ground but locals very friendly
Sunday 23rd Sept Mara v Dumlup覺nar a local derby should be redhot atmosphere 覺n Mara very small Stad覺um. ko 4-30pm Mara Sahas覺 ( a bit of a sod to find need to head out on main road to the border, them just before crossing take a left and another left very rural and basic stadium.
The Football Federation as i write this have not published any more fixtures yet for the following week

Where can you get details of the games and is there a team in the Lapta area?
How much is it to watch a game on average?
EnjoyingTheSun
True Kibkomer
True Kibkomer

Postby TykeTraveller » Fri 07 Sep 2018 9:32 am

Thank you. much appreciated.
It'll be the following two weekends I'll be there.
As it stands, I'm hoping to take in games at Magusa Turk, Mesarya, Yeni Bogazici, Maras and Dumlupinar, depending on fixtures and KO times.
Others on the 'possible' list are Gencler Birligi, Akara Vuda, Canakkale and Mormenekse
Any info on any of those clubs and grounds much appreciated.
TykeTraveller

Postby sabrerich » Sun 09 Sep 2018 12:14 pm

I am afraid Lapta were relegated last season to the BTM League 1 , this league does not start till November.
If you live in the Lapta area then your local teams are Merit Alsancak Yeilova a s羹per League they play in Alsancak. However their first home game of the season has just been switched to the Girne 20 Temmuz Mete adan覺r Stad覺 k覺ck off 7-00pm on Sunday 23rd September v Mausa T羹rk G羹癟羹.
Kar覺yaka are Your other local team They have jest got promoted to League 1, their First match of The season is away.
Unfortunately the Football Federation here does not publish fixtures too much in advance. They have only released fixtures for the first week of the season not for the following weeks ! A marketing opportunity lost.
The Football Federation site is ktff.org.
The entry charge is 20-30tl
sabrerich
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Postby Keithcaley » Sun 09 Sep 2018 2:09 pm

http://www.ktff.org/HomePage - just in case you have difficulty accessing the site.
Keithcaley
True Kibkomer
True Kibkomer

Postby Walesforever » Sat 20 Jul 2019 12:34 pm

Which league are Duskaya in?.
Walesforever
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Postby sabrerich » Sat 07 Sep 2019 8:19 am

Sorry only saw your post today. DZKAYA the team that play behind atalk繹y Tempo Supermarket are now in the top division of the TRNC, Super League after getting promotion last season from League 1.
As 襤 write th覺s D羹zkaya first home match of the season kick off 4-30pm 覺s aga覺nst K羹癟羹k Kaymakl覺 from Lefkoa. As usual with the Football Federation here confirmation of when it will be played has not been finalised !. 襤t will be either Saturday, Sept 21 or Sunday Sept 22. I will let you know when.
sabrerich
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Postby EnjoyingTheSun » Sat 07 Sep 2019 10:14 am

sabrerich wrote:If you live in the Lapta area then your local teams are Merit Alsancak Yeilova a s羹per League they play in Alsancak. However their first home game of the season has just been switched to the Girne 20 Temmuz Mete adan覺r Stad覺 k覺ck off 7-00pm on Sunday 23rd September v Mausa T羹rk G羹癟羹.
Kar覺yaka are Your other local team They have jest got promoted to League 1, their First match of The season is away.

Whereabouts are their local stadiums/pitches?
EnjoyingTheSun
True Kibkomer
True Kibkomer

Postby sabrerich » Sun 13 Oct 2019 9:48 pm

Enjoying the sun, sorry it may be too late if you are just on holiday in the TRNC. There is little interest shown by the majority of football ex pats in the local TRNC football, my apologies for the late reply to your post.

MERIT ALSANCAK YEILOVA are a Super League team that are currently playing their matches in the Karaolanolu Orhan Dural Stad覺 which is behind the Mounta覺n View Hotel. Their next home match 覺s on the 26th October v etinkaya kick off 3-30pm

Other teams in your area are KARIYAKA a League 1 team that play at the Ergin ahdur Stad覺 wh覺ch 覺f you are coming from the Lapta strip 覺s on the left hand side signposted Stadium. Its a very basic Stadium but who cares its football the覺r next match is on October 19 v Yalova kick off 3-30pm
The other League 1 side in your area is Lapta sorry to be vague but dementia is kicking in the Stad覺um 覺s on the right after leaving the Lapta strip, I can't really remember as only I visit the ground once a year when my team Esentepe play them. Its a old ground but gets plenty of local support. Their next home match is on 26th October v Girne Halk Evi kick off 3-30pm
Enjoy your football the locals always make you welcome ! -if you require any other info please replete this post.
Whatever match you choose to visit the locals always make you feel very welcome.
Please come back to me if you require any further info.
sabrerich
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Postby EnjoyingTheSun » Mon 14 Oct 2019 10:05 am

Thanks sabrerich, I'll wander down and find a local team to follow
EnjoyingTheSun
True Kibkomer
True Kibkomer

Postby Walesforever » Thu 17 Oct 2019 2:53 pm

How do I find the fixture list please?
Walesforever
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Postby sabrerich » Mon 04 Nov 2019 12:23 pm

Sorry for late reply, but not much interest shown in Local Football by ex pats.

Internet click onto the Football Federation website. ktff.org. com. then click onto Ligler on right hand side of page.

Choose what League you want ie K-Pet Super League, K-Pet League 1, BTM League

After selecting what League click onto "Puan and Cetveli ve Fiskstur.
That will then open the page that shows last weeks results for that particular League.
Click onto shaded box number 1e 8, that will then show you next weeks fixtures .
Unfortunately they only show matches for around 3 weeks in advance !
Hopes this helps.
sabrerich
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Return to SPORT - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum