Recommendations for a good plumber please

Plumbers - Electricians - Plasterers - Decorators - Builders - Construction Companies

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Bethany
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Recommendations for a good plumber please

•   Message 1 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Bethany »

I have had 3 different plumbers around and not a one of them has sorted the pump out. It is constantly going on and off, despite not being able to find a water leak anywhere. it drives me crazy besides costing money. I have to leave it turned off unless using washing machine, shower etc: i have had an English and 2 Turkish plumbers to check it out.

GyorkshireGill
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Recommendations for a good plumber please

•   Message 2 of 12 in Discussion

Post by GyorkshireGill »

Bethany have you checked your toilets and taps to see if one has a slow leak into the basin we had this problem on several occasions.

ardstrawray
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 12 in Discussion

Post by ardstrawray »

Try Prestecknik in Alsancak

gates
Business contributing to forum
Business contributing to forum

•   Message 4 of 12 in Discussion

Post by gates »

there could be a leak anywhere wall floor how much money do you want to spend and we will come round and find the leak or just as everybody else top up 2 times its that easy call me if you want us to find it but have your wallet open . or turn the switch on off when needed ?

TB10pilot
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 12 in Discussion

Post by TB10pilot »

Call MUSA. 0533 865 0440. He sorts all of our problems out, but do check your toilets and is the water still running after flushing? Dripping taps? We have a water softener, but still have issues.

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 12 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

We've had this problem and if it isn't the usual suspects, inside/outside taps dripping or toilets running, then it could be the non return valve between bottom and top tanks that's got stuck open or even the ballcock in the top tank. These are fairly easy, cheap fixes but the non return valve can 'go' again especially if the incoming water contains grit.

Medjoul1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Medjoul1 »

Hi Bethany,
Sorry I can't recommend a decent plumber, all I can do is sympathise as we've had the same problem for as long as I can remember and in that time we've had any number of different pumps and pressure vessels. I have become a little obsessive about leaking toilets and we too switch ours off and only switch it on when we need it.
Please come back to us and let us know how you get on, especially if you do eventually find a "proper" plunber.
Medjoul

paul90
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 12 in Discussion

Post by paul90 »

We also had a similar problem for a few years.
However we have now solved it by plumbing the incoming mains water directly into the house.
Therefore we do not need to use the house pump, just the mains water pressure.
The mains water pressure is 5 bar and a valve fitted in line reduces this to 3 bar before it reaches the house.
A simple and relatively cheap conversion that also means you still get water if there is a power cut.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 9 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

paul90 wrote:...A simple and relatively cheap conversion that also means you still get water if there is a power cut.
Unfortunately, you will no longer be alerted by the warning signs (pump cutting on & off) when you do have a leaky toilet or, worse still, an actual water leak in the house...

BURTONS808
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 12 in Discussion

Post by BURTONS808 »

It's more than likely the non return valve on your cold water tank upstairs try isolating the tank . be advised No water if there is a power cut though .

CAB
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 12 in Discussion

Post by CAB »

TB10 pilot....does Musa speak English, turns up when he says he will, and does he operate in the Esentepe area?

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 12 in Discussion

Post by tomsteel »

CAB wrote:TB10 pilot....does Musa speak English, turns up when he says he will, and does he operate in the Esentepe area?
Esentepe area - Seref 05338607841. Excellent English, great service.

Return to “TRADESMEN - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”