What happened to BREXIT 29th March !!

Here you can comment on political news, create threads for open discussion.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

waz-24-7
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

What happened to BREXIT 29th March !!

•   Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Post by waz-24-7 »

So the 29th of March 2019 has almost been and gone and we are still in the European Union.
What has changed?
obviously the political turmoil, uncertainty and a real sense of fear as to what lies ahead.

I am absolutely certain that todays position is not what people voted for in the binary vote of 3 years ago.

There are no winners in this fiasco. Significant damage has already been inflicted on UK manufacturing.
The prospect of a very soft Brexit is now more likely. Another referendum is certainly a possibility. To leave without a deal remains on the cards but just about everyone does not want this dismal choice.
Who should decide.
Of course you and I and everyone. That is democracy.
Its not enough for me to simply rely on the binary win or lose vote of 2016. Things have moved on massively from then. BREXTEERS have come and gone and have no plausible solution to present to the people.
The Labour party have the very soft Brexit solution...fine by me incidentally.
Mrs May has a soft Brexit.... 2nd choice for me.
Some have the crash and burn route in mind. No Deal and walk....absolutely not for me.

turtle
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: What happened to BREXIT 29th March !!

•   Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Post by turtle »

I think you answered your own question...everybody and their grandmother interfering in the process to frustrate and lead the leave option astray.
The soft option you mention is not what the Labour party stood on and are as guilty of anyone of creating this mess, The only reason why Labour will not back may's deal is because there is no mention of a soft and spongy Customs Union..NOT WHAT THEY SAID IN THEIR MANIFESTO.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Waz - "I am absolutely certain that todays position is not what people voted for in the binary vote of 3 years ago."

Dead right you are, in one way, in the binary vote of 3 years ago nobody really knew what they were voting for to happen in the future.

Yet, today it is very similar to then where now nobody really knows what will happen in the future anyway.

Then Leavers voted to leave and Remainers voted to Remain - now - Leavers want to leave and Remainers want to remain so the situation remains the same as after the voter. The only difference is in the amount of public money that has been wasted on getting us back to the point we started at, with more information than we had when we voted, in fact the only positive in the whole sordid episode is that the MP's have given themselves a 6% pay rise during that time so they won't suffer no matter what happens. I hate to think just how much extra income they have made in allowances over the past 3 months because they had to actually attend a workplace?

No use in moaning about it no matter which way you voted, whatever happens will happen and we all have given away our right to have any chance at changing anything by allowing a non binding referendum result to be enshrined in law - the mind boggles. For leavers at least there is a bright side to the whole thing - nobody in the EU now wants to talk to anybody in the UK so that must be a bonus for them - lol. Keep your helmet close by for when May crashes us out!!
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

Dave G
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Dave G »

Every body keeps telling me telling me I don't want to leave without a deal, everyone says I want a deal, how does everyone know this, NO BODY ASKED ME, I know hundreds of people who voted leave, not one of them has said they made a mistake and they would change their vote if they could.
NOT ONE OF THEM

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Post by erol »

Dave G wrote:Every body keeps telling me telling me I don't want to leave without a deal, everyone says I want a deal, how does everyone know this, NO BODY ASKED ME, I know hundreds of people who voted leave, not one of them has said they made a mistake and they would change their vote if they could.
NOT ONE OF THEM
Dave G - if you support leaving without a deal, as is your right, then would you support a referendum on this question or are you proposing the UK should do this without any concern or regard for if a majority actually want this to be the way we leave the EU ? You also need to answer what the 'other option' should be in any such referendum. 'leave with no deal / do not leave at all' or 'leave with no deal / leave with an intention to stay in a customs union'.

Return to “POLITICS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”