Tracker, activity, BP, heart, calorie, sleep monitoring.

General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Tracker, activity, BP, heart, calorie, sleep monitoring.

•   Message 1 of 14 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

Does anyone use one and could recommend it?

They vary so much in price, Garmin do not seem to do one with BP as they say it can not be measured accurately

At first I only wanted to see how much exercise I am doing, as I have been advised I suffer with a highly active knife and fork and to put them down!!

But now I see they do more than this, I would rather have a better guide of what my body is actually doing

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: Tracker, activity, BP, heart, calorie, sleep monitoring.

•   Message 2 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Hi, you can measure all sorts of things with a wrist bracelet/watch-type device, including Heart rate (pulse rate) and even blood oxygen levels, but not blood pressure, unfortunately!

steveodp
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 14 in Discussion

Post by steveodp »

You can use a watch for blood pressure. I had to monitor my bp for a few months and was getting fed up using the standard cuffed machine, so I bought an android watch device. For the first week I used both to check accuracy, and there no significant difference, so I ended up using the watch. I mentioned this to the GP when I went back and tested it against the machine in his surgery, and again, there no significant difference.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 4 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

steveodp wrote:You can use a watch for blood pressure. I had to monitor my bp for a few months and was getting fed up using the standard cuffed machine, so I bought an android watch device. For the first week I used both to check accuracy, and there no significant difference, so I ended up using the watch. I mentioned this to the GP when I went back and tested it against the machine in his surgery, and again, there no significant difference.
Well, that's a new one on me!

I'll have to do a bit more research on that...

As a matter of interest, which particular watch was it?

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 5 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Update!

Well, you learn something new every day

I don't have any hard data on the accuracy of the Android 'BP measuring watches' yet, but OMRON, who make a lot of BP devices, have just had official approval for a watch which measures BP by using an inflatable cuff inside the strap. It's due to be released in March next year.

The most promising contender seems to be Samsung, although it doesn't measure BP directly, you have to get a normal BP test first, and then the Samsung devices tries to track changes, by estimating the volume of blood flowing past the sensors, so there appear to be some professional misgivings about it's absolute accuracy.

Stevodp's experience is very encouraging, however, and I thank him for bringing it to our attention.

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 14 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

Thank you for showing interest, if anyone uses one
please
can you let me know the type,
did you purchase here?

This is supposed to be the best but after reading the stars there were quite a few negative feedback plus I think the price is a heavy contender of why its one of the best.

FITFORT Fitness Tracker with Blood Pressure HR Monitor - 2019 Upgraded Activity Tracker Watch with Heart Rate Color Monitor IP68 Pedometer Calorie Counter and 14 Sports Tracking for Women Kids Men

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 7 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

I see that the FITFORT is priced at $29.98, whereas the OMRON is priced at $499.00 !!!

steveodp
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 14 in Discussion

Post by steveodp »

Mine was just an android watch that I bought online with a bit of research - wasn't expensive (sub £100 I think) - can't remember if it was from Amazon or eBay - there weren't many that offered BP - I don't have it anymore as I've since moved on to another smartwatch (without BP) as I, fortunately, don't need to monitor it regularly anymore, so can't say exactly which one it was - apologies for being vague.

Edit: looking at the FitFort linked to by Keith, I definitely had that one at some point - I remember the bizarre charging procedure of pulling the strap off - but I can't remember if that was the one I used the most, as I've had several smartwatches in the last couple of years - (I like my gadgets) ...

Mr B
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Mr B »

I have had Lefun Health tracker for over a year now, it is linked to my Nexus 7 tablet - it works really well and is very accurate as far as blood pressure and heart rate is concerned. I checked it with my doctors equipment on my last appointment and it was spot on!

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 10 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Mr B wrote:I have had Lefun Health tracker for over a year now, it is linked to my Nexus 7 tablet - it works really well and is very accurate as far as blood pressure and heart rate is concerned. I checked it with my doctors equipment on my last appointment and it was spot on!
Thanks for posting that, it's very interesting!

Would you mind telling us whether you have a LeFun Smartwatch, or do you use the LeFun App linked to another brand of Smartwatch? - and if so which Make & Model?

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 14 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

Yes thank you,

They sell 2 makes in Mr Pound 420tl and 640tl, unfortunately the young lady could not open the box and knew nothing about them therefore reading up about them online.

But..... I have now been advised to get an upper blood pressure band which results can be stored or blue toothed to my phone and a watch for the pulse/heart and steps.

Must admit the brain is getting plenty of exercise

Mr B
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Mr B »

Keithcaley wrote:
Mr B wrote:I have had Lefun Health tracker for over a year now, it is linked to my Nexus 7 tablet - it works really well and is very accurate as far as blood pressure and heart rate is concerned. I checked it with my doctors equipment on my last appointment and it was spot on!
Thanks for posting that, it's very interesting!

Would you mind telling us whether you have a LeFun Smartwatch, or do you use the LeFun App linked to another brand of Smartwatch? - and if so which Make & Model?
It is the Smart watch/bracelet for heart rate/blood pressure monitor. (Model no. not known - leaflet in TRNC)
Measures heart rate, blood pressure, pedometer, message display, call alert, sleep monitor, distance, calories, alarm alert, bluetooth, waterproof clourful LCD.
For Android 4.4 & above and For IOS7.1 & above.
Special note on box: when connecting the device, please go through the app to pair the bluetooth, not through the setting in your phone to connect.
Hope that information is of assistance. I think I may have purchased it through The Daily Mail at about £35ish.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 13 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Thank you once again.

It does appear that a variety of these devices, coupled with an appropriate 'App' can track blood pressure quite well - regardless of the doubts cast by 'Professionals'...

Mr B
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Mr B »

Keithcaley wrote:Thank you once again.

It does appear that a variety of these devices, coupled with an appropriate 'App' can track blood pressure quite well - regardless of the doubts cast by 'Professionals'...
UPDATE:
Purchased from Amazon in UK the FITFORT as a Christmas present for my wife - Just sent it back for a refund as it was faulty. The clock would not set to time, the blood pressure monitor was well out (measuring 280 over 35) when if fact using my LeFun monitor had it at 128 over 82. Maybe we were just unlucky but I could not recommend this product to anyone.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”