General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Terri299
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Reading the forum

•   Message 1 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Terri299 »

Just opened up the Kibkom app on my iPad. Went to the general forum, only to get a message I don’t have the required permission to read it. Had to log in, is this new?

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Reading the forum

•   Message 2 of 22 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

Noticed the same thing, so presumably a new thing. Being a member already, makes no difference to me, but I do know that on other websites which require you to register before viewing, it puts me off, so they have lost my interest.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 3 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

Have done this on a temporary basis to encourage the hundreds of "Guests" to actually register. Seems to be working.
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 4 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

BTW, when you first log in, click in the checkbox: "Log me on automatically each visit" before submitting, this way you will not have to constantly log in when you revisit the forum.

Benefits of being logged in:
You can access all forums.
Post that you have read are un-highlighted.
See whether you have received a PM - "New Messages" at top of forum page changes to red with number of PM's awaiting to be read.
Respond to threads or even create one.

Things about the forum you may not know.
Click on "Help" link at the top of the forum page.

Have fun!
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.

Samson
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Samson »

Not the best idea in the world.......l think you will lose members as opposed to gaining new.If it isn't broken please don't try to fix it.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 6 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Samson wrote:Not the best idea in the world.......l think you will lose members as opposed to gaining new.If it isn't broken please don't try to fix it.
I never 'log out', so every time I visit the forum, I'm already 'logged in', I can see if I have any messages, and the link that I use to connect to the forum takes me straight to 'vıew unread posts', so I can see what's been posted since I last visited.

I would never try to view the forum without being logged in - I really can't see the point!

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 7 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

I will use the "login to read" feature intermittently. As Keith said, pointless viewing the forum without being logged in, your use of the forum is restricted. Also, there is no need to continually log in if you set to automatically log you in on each and every visit.

IPMAN
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 22 in Discussion

Post by IPMAN »

I never 'log out',
thats true

Kanonier
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Kanonier »

IPMAN wrote:
I never 'log out',
thats true

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 10 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Oh, it's like that is it?

BILLYBONDZ
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 22 in Discussion

Post by BILLYBONDZ »

Morning all........first time caller......even though have been an avid reader for years, I even remember the old c.44......however, had the same problem this week, and with the help of my new best friend SONER..........he managed to get me back on air again...........HALLELUJAH.............so all is well........as I’m a bit of a duffer when it comes to anything techno..............
One thing I have noticed since my return to the airwaves, is that I cannot pick up the latest residency and visitors link, from the top header page.........showing last updates as Saturday 7th December...........I’m ok myself and the wife till 2021.........but always handy to see how everybody is getting on, with what seems like the daily, moving of goalposts...can anyone confirm if any new update have been added..........or is it just me, that can’t get any new info....
Thanks in advance
Over and out....
BILLYBONDZ

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

BILLYBONDZ wrote:Morning all........first time caller......even though have been an avid reader for years, I even remember the old c.44......however, had the same problem this week, and with the help of my new best friend SONER..........he managed to get me back on air again...........HALLELUJAH.............so all is well........as I’m a bit of a duffer when it comes to anything techno..............
One thing I have noticed since my return to the airwaves, is that I cannot pick up the latest residency and visitors link, from the top header page.........showing last updates as Saturday 7th December...........I’m ok myself and the wife till 2021.........but always handy to see how everybody is getting on, with what seems like the daily, moving of goalposts...can anyone confirm if any new update have been added..........or is it just me, that can’t get any new info....
Thanks in advance
Over and out....
BILLYBONDZ

https://www.kibkomnorthcyprusforum.com/ ... m.php?f=76

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 13 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

Welcome to the forum Billybonz, seems like nobody has posted since the 7th Dec.

Ragged Robin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Ragged Robin »

Soner wrote:I will use the "login to read" feature intermittently. As Keith said, pointless viewing the forum without being logged in, your use of the forum is restricted. Also, there is no need to continually log in if you set to automatically log you in on each and every visit.
o re

Except that it does not! Even though I set to automatically log on , I have to re do every visit. No big deal but irritating I seem to remember someone else reporting this a while back.?

jofra
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 22 in Discussion

Post by jofra »

Perhaps your browser is set to clean all cookies etc when you turn you browser off? Do you have this problem with any other sites that you use and have the option to set automatic log-in ?
I use several sites with this facility, and as I have NOT set my browser to clean up, I have no problems - until I run CCleaner, which does clean all - then I do have to log-in (and re-set) again to each site....

eastside1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 22 in Discussion

Post by eastside1 »

Problem is the way it seems with people like Keith who never log off it says they are online all the time when they actually are not!
However thinking about Keith as all the posts he makes that may be a bad example because it seems he IS online all the time!

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 17 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Oy!

They're all at it!

Dalartokat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Dalartokat »

Keithcaley wrote:
Samson wrote:Not the best idea in the world.......l think you will lose members as opposed to gaining new.If it isn't broken please don't try to fix it.
I never 'log out', so every time I visit the forum, I'm already 'logged in', I can see if I have any messages, and the link that I use to connect to the forum takes me straight to 'vıew unread posts', so I can see what's been posted since I last visited.

I would never try to view the forum without being logged in - I really can't see the point!

Yes agree, I’m logged in all the time, makes me look like I’m on here 24 hours a day!
If you ever get tired one day of life, take a rest, lean your back on the stone, not people. Cold but safe...

IPMAN
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 22 in Discussion

Post by IPMAN »

Keithcaley wrote:Oy!

They're all at it!

Samson
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 20 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Samson »

So what is the point of being permanently logged in?Surely the status of being online shows that you are actively using the forum......not out shopping or down the pub.Please Soner allow people the choice to log in or not to log in...

kerry 6138
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 21 of 22 in Discussion

Post by kerry 6138 »

Samson wrote:So what is the point of being permanently logged in?Surely the status of being online shows that you are actively using the forum......not out shopping or down the pub.Please Soner allow people the choice to log in or not to log in...
Top right hand of the page is Log out facility , when you log back in dont check the box saying keep me logged in.
If you dont want to log in you can still read the forum, but if you're not logged in facilities like marking which posts you have read isn't available.

plk74
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 22 of 22 in Discussion

Post by plk74 »

I found the same problems the other day, not being able to read some of the boards without logging in. I haven't logged in for some time, as I spend less time in Cyprus now, but still like to follow what is going on. But when I tried to log in, it said it didn't recognise my user name.
I tried all my emails in turn but ended up having to register again. I used what I was sure was my original user name, and it let me.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”