General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

sammydavis
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Gas Permits

•   Message 1 of 14 in Discussion

Post by sammydavis »

Can someone advise if Gas Permits are being issued now, Last year we did ours in December but on looking up previous years posts, some did theirs in January. don't want to go only to find that they are not being issued yet.

mrsgee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Gas Permits

•   Message 2 of 14 in Discussion

Post by mrsgee »

We have always been told end of December, I think a couple of years ago there was a delay in issuing the cost, which had changed, so we got it in January once the new prices had been advised. I think we will go and try for it, 30th December.

greengate
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 14 in Discussion

Post by greengate »

You will probably find that no permits will be issued before 1 january (probably a bit later) as i understand there are some price increases on the way .

MnM
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 4 of 14 in Discussion

Post by MnM »

Just out of interest what are gas permits for, apart from the obvious?

mrsgee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 14 in Discussion

Post by mrsgee »

They are required if you have a large gas tank in your garden, for example. Above a certain amount of gas storage, a permit is needed, and the fire service have to inspect that it is situated in the correct place, far enough away from any building. Ours is 1000 lts, not sure at what point the need for a permit starts. It is not needed for small gas bottles. But I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

sammydavis
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 14 in Discussion

Post by sammydavis »

The delivery guys are supposed to see your Permit before topping up your tank! In about 3 years they have never asked to see ours! BTW, we also had to have a solid block wall built behind our tank as the garden wall was not deemed high enough in case of explosion - ha, now our neighbours will be blasted with blocks!!

HotHippo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 14 in Discussion

Post by HotHippo »

We applied, and received, the permit when the subject first raised its head a few years back. Reading the earlier posts gives me the impression that we perhaps should have renewed the permit by now - is that the case? Is the permit renewable?

HH

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 8 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

HotHippo wrote:We applied, and received, the permit when the subject first raised its head a few years back. Reading the earlier posts gives me the impression that we perhaps should have renewed the permit by now - is that the case? Is the permit renewable?

HH
yep, at the beginning of January each Year (not necessarily the First!)

frontalman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 14 in Discussion

Post by frontalman »

I think you are OK to renew in the first week of January. The hotel owners tend to get in as soon as the new permits are available to avoid a fine. We got caught up in this once and felt very smug when we saved about 9 TL.

Steve C
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Steve C »

Could someone please tell me where exactly the office is located to renew my permit.

frontalman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 14 in Discussion

Post by frontalman »

If you walk past the state hospital in Girne heading towards the Pia Bella end of the road, then go into the large car park for the various official offices, you want the first building on the left. When you go in turn first left, just past the information desk then into the office on the left. Present yourself at the desk.

HotHippo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 14 in Discussion

Post by HotHippo »

Keith Caley and Frontalman, thanks for your responses. I'll go down to the office early next year, and offer myself up for whatever punishment awaits for missing a few annual renewals.

HH

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 14 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Crikey HotHippo you sound more like a masochist. I'm sure Keith and I know a Miss Whiplash going cheap.

Mowgli597
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Mowgli597 »

sophie wrote:Crikey HotHippo you sound more like a masochist. I'm sure Keith and I know a Miss Whiplash going cheap.
Er. Do you have a phone number Sophie? Asking for a friend

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”