paul90
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Residency Renewal Website!

•   Message 51 of 66 in Discussion

Post by paul90 »

PoshinDevon wrote:
Tue 07 Jul 2020 1:37 pm
The bottom line is they have to sort the system out to enable any card to be used for payment.

Running around trying different cards or borrowing a friends card is not the solution.

Appreciate that everyone wants to get the payment done and dusted but this does not put pressure on to resolve the problem.

Wonder if the authorities are fully aware of the issues and importantly have a time frame in mind to fix it!
Posh - you are correct - that is the bottom line, eventually.
Just for clarity - when my neighbour had a problem with his two UK cards the BRS informed me:
"The issue you have paying by credit card has been highlighted a number of times. The company behind the scenes who processes the payments on behalf of the TRNC government seems to have implemented a very tight criteria for the status of the cards that can be used to effect payments. It seems at the moment that if you are attempting to make the payment by a Credit or Debit card issued from a TRNC based bank, say as an example Creditwest, and the card has been specifically authorised for on-line purchases, then it is accepted. In some cases some international credit or debit cards seem to be accepted, and some do not, despite them being used widely in other parts of the world, without any apparent difficulty at all.

We have raised the issue already with the Immigration Department, but because the issue involves another financial company behind the scenes and the Ministry of Finance, it is not going to be a quick fix."

Remember that with the online system, when you have successfully taken your documents to the police station you must, quickly, pay for the health insurance online - before the Immigration department will approve your application and allow you to move to the next stage. This time period is estimated at about three weeks so it is essential that you find a card that works even it belongs to a friend - until such time as the other financial company involved solves this issue.

Up the Reds.
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 52 of 66 in Discussion

Post by Up the Reds. »

Butterflyaway and the point is?? Surely if a residency application is for 'foreigners' and the world and his dog has a visa card why is there an insistance on using a TRNC credit card...is it perhaps the c,ommission charges ??

Kanonier
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 53 of 66 in Discussion

Post by Kanonier »

It would appear that the Residency Website can't be accessed from outside the TRNC. Interesting times ahead when the 'Swallows' return in their droves and are given a 30 day visa.

paul90
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 54 of 66 in Discussion

Post by paul90 »

Kanonier wrote:
Tue 07 Jul 2020 3:51 pm
It would appear that the Residency Website can't be accessed from outside the TRNC. Interesting times ahead when the 'Swallows' return in their droves and are given a 30 day visa.
I don't think that is true. The website can be accessed outside the TRNC but if you are stuck in the UK now it is better not to start the process because you will get an appointment at the police station (to present your documents) at a date when you are still in the UK - and it would be very difficult to postpone it!
Some of us are members of the BRS and their facebook web page contains a lot of very useful information on residency etc - including the following from a few days ago:
"property owners or purchasers, who are aged under 60, that all applications for Residency Permits, must been submitted on-line by Saturday 11th July 2020. Obviously if you are currently outside of the TRNC, then you must submit your application as quickly as possible, following your arrival, and definitely within the period of time that your entry visa allows you."
It doesn't cost much to join the BRS and gives access to much information, discounts etc.

paul90
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 55 of 66 in Discussion

Post by paul90 »

Up the Reds. wrote:
Tue 07 Jul 2020 3:34 pm
Butterflyaway and the point is?? Surely if a residency application is for 'foreigners' and the world and his dog has a visa card why is there an insistance on using a TRNC credit card...is it perhaps the c,ommission charges ??
No. not the commission charges but possibly more the authorisation process from the other financial company involved.
For example, if you buy online with your UK card you normally enter in a box your name as it appears on the card as well as the card number and three digit security code. Whereas with the system that this financial company have programmed into the software there is no box to enter the name on the credit card. Therefore the UK card issuing authority may reject the transaction because of incomplete information relating to the card holder.
(this is just my view)

Up the Reds.
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 56 of 66 in Discussion

Post by Up the Reds. »

That makes sense Paul90 !!

Amos Quito
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 57 of 66 in Discussion

Post by Amos Quito »

Have tried paying with UK visa cards ,mine and my wife's. Also with my friends KOOP debit card, Yesterday went down to my local bar and tried with his Creditwest debit card. Still no luck , not sure what to try next. If I had any hair let I'd be pulling it out now

paul90
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 58 of 66 in Discussion

Post by paul90 »

Amos Quito wrote:
Wed 08 Jul 2020 6:37 am
Have tried paying with UK visa cards ,mine and my wife's. Also with my friends KOOP debit card, Yesterday went down to my local bar and tried with his Creditwest debit card. Still no luck , not sure what to try next. If I had any hair let I'd be pulling it out now
My cards work - if you can come to Karsiyaka we could try on my PC.

Butterflyaway
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 59 of 66 in Discussion

Post by Butterflyaway »

Are all the people using TRNC credit cards, that are not being accepted, 100% certain that their cards have been successfully set up to perform transactions over the internet?

If all you do is use your cards at local POS (point of sale) machines in the TRNC and have NEVER used them in the TRNC for Internet transactions, there is a simple, free, quick way of enabling your cards to work.

I will not say anymore as some are choosing not to listen, or are arguing with themselves. Good luck.

PS. My cards all work!
🙈

Amos Quito
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 60 of 66 in Discussion

Post by Amos Quito »

Thanks for the offer Paul. I live in Iskele ,so it's a long trip over to you. In the meantime I'll make sure the cards that I've been trying to use are set up for internet transactions . Thanks again to all for the advice, and I'll keep on trying. (As mum said on her deathbed "never give up Rodney")

paul90
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 61 of 66 in Discussion

Post by paul90 »

Butterflyaway wrote:
Wed 08 Jul 2020 11:23 am
Are all the people using TRNC credit cards, that are not being accepted, 100% certain that their cards have been successfully set up to perform transactions over the internet?

If all you do is use your cards at local POS (point of sale) machines in the TRNC and have NEVER used them in the TRNC for Internet transactions, there is a simple, free, quick way of enabling your cards to work.

🙈
Correct. If they can do online banking, simply log into their account, find the part relating to their card and enable it for online transactions.

13roman58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 62 of 66 in Discussion

Post by 13roman58 »

Sorry to bore everyone but I am trying to complete the initial registration form but when I press submit I am told that I already have an account. where to now please.
Any help, greatfully received.

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 63 of 66 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

13roman58 wrote:
Thu 10 Sep 2020 10:30 am
Sorry to bore everyone but I am trying to complete the initial registration form but when I press submit I am told that I already have an account. where to now please.
Any help, greatfully received.
A few people are reporting this and the answer seems to be 'it's a system glitch'. Advice is to leave until tomorrow and try again. Friends had a different error yesterday, wouldn't accept passport place of issue, got past that then the text with ID and password wasn't received... Tried again very early this morning and it worked OK. It seems there has been a bit of an increase in applications and it can't cope. Good luck.

13roman58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 64 of 66 in Discussion

Post by 13roman58 »

Thank you very much, will try tomorrow.

13roman58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 65 of 66 in Discussion

Post by 13roman58 »

13roman58 wrote:
Thu 10 Sep 2020 2:01 pm
Done it!!!
This morning. Just after uploading passport photo then muhtar letter I got a message for the police station.
Did them side by side on the computer, 10 mins between appointments.
Thanks to all

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 66 of 66 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

13roman58 wrote:
Fri 11 Sep 2020 3:34 pm
13roman58 wrote:
Thu 10 Sep 2020 2:01 pm
Done it!!!
This morning. Just after uploading passport photo then muhtar letter I got a message for the police station.
Did them side by side on the computer, 10 mins between appointments.
Thanks to all
Great news. Hope your appointments go as well as ours did.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”