General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

sticky1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Esentepe-No tankered water

•   Message 1 of 43 in Discussion

Post by sticky1 »

We have been told, As of today (2nd July) the mayor of Esentepe has stopped all tankered water to all sites in the area.
Our tanker driver says that the mayor has revoked his license which is required to deliver water so when police stop him he can be prosecuted.

We are being told all properties need to pay 7300 TL to get connected to mains supply !

Has anyone in the Esentepe area heard similar news ?

war horse
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Esentepe-No tankered water

•   Message 2 of 43 in Discussion

Post by war horse »

We have a villa in Bachelli, we have all paid many thousand lira over 18 months ago to have our water to our villas, have prepaid water meters and in the past 18months our water meters have hardly worked! Been getting tankers in from Tatlisu to fill our underground storage tanks and pool. So even if you pays your money you still DONT get the water you have prepaid for. Also have to pay a monthly standing charge for the water direct to Belediye even though we have NO water coming through the pipes, so hope for your sake it's not true

gates
Business contributing to forum

•   Message 3 of 43 in Discussion

Post by gates »

This happens every year . I got taken in buy it and paid buy July it was off till September this happens every year and at different points through out . This year been good but nobody here so the demand has been less . I must say though in a way it has saved me money and agro when it has been on so after 4 years it is now paying to be connected . I have not had a tanker for 3 years because when it is off i need water as long as it not to long i use the pool water witch in the winter is ok because the rain over fills the pool . Also you need a sump pump .

gates

•   Message 4 of 43 in Discussion

Post by gates »

I forgot to say it has also paid for the sump pump

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 43 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

gates wrote:
Fri 03 Jul 2020 5:39 am
This happens every year . I got taken in buy it and paid buy July it was off till September this happens every year and at different points through out . This year been good but nobody here so the demand has been less . I must say though in a way it has saved me money and agro when it has been on so after 4 years it is now paying to be connected . I have not had a tanker for 3 years because when it is off i need water as long as it not to long i use the pool water witch in the winter is ok because the rain over fills the pool . Also you need a sump pump .
I don't think you are discussing the same issue Kirk... they have paid for infrastructure which has not been installed and are now being denied a basic human right as blackmail for further payments.. is my reading of the situation.

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 43 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Some very serious comments (opinions) have been printed on this forum about certain other people in Esentepe so I suppose no-one is allowed to have opinions any longer, no matter how much they have paid out for services they may have or have not received!!

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 43 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

sophie wrote:
Fri 03 Jul 2020 7:48 am
Some very serious comments (opinions) have been printed on this forum about certain other people in Esentepe so I suppose no-one is allowed to have opinions any longer, no matter how much they have paid out for services they may have or have not received!!
Bit of a non-sequitur...

gates

•   Message 8 of 43 in Discussion

Post by gates »

If you read they say they have had water meters installed but little water has come to there site I was explaining that the same has happened to me but over the years it has been handy when we did get water . Not trying to cause any problems just stating that this area has been the worst for supplying too the meter as when we have had none over areas have had no breaks in supply .

Joker2nd
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 43 in Discussion

Post by Joker2nd »

We live in Bacchelli/ Esentepe. Never been offered infrastructure or meters from beli. Allways had tanker water for 8 years, now told by my suppliers of water the Mayor has told any more delivery’s, and you will be arrested, and license revoked. My Solicitor has informed me that while he is office, he cannot be prosecuted. The ombudsman has tried and failed to reason with him , but to no avail. We have to now move out and live with friends on another site, until something can be sorted.

leester polfus
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 43 in Discussion

Post by leester polfus »

War Horse, who do you use in Tatlisu, do you have a phone number? Thanks in advance......

faro
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 43 in Discussion

Post by faro »

Hi Joker2nd.

Have sent you a PM.

war horse
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 43 in Discussion

Post by war horse »

Hi, leester polfus

Have sent u a pm

Trigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 43 in Discussion

Post by Trigger »

We got an email off our site management company last week informing us that they can no longer provide us water, we need to get a meter installed and pay the local council 7300TL.

I don’t mind paying for a service. I appreciate that water on a hot island has a cost, but it now means that the next time we arrive, we are not going to have any running water, until I get it sorted. I presume it will take a couple of days from the time of payment?

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 14 of 43 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

A little steep (putting it mildly). I think we paid something like 500tl for a smart metre in Gecitkale.
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

Joker2nd
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 43 in Discussion

Post by Joker2nd »

Thanks faro. Will give them a ring. Also noticed in Cyprus today the article involving residents in Aligadi having to pay 500tl each household to collect rubbish. Then told if you don’t pay, you can’t top your water up.Its just blackmail.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 16 of 43 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Its just blackmail.
No, Extortion to be precise!

Brinsley
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 43 in Discussion

Post by Brinsley »

Print off the UN Charter on Water, get it translated (many pages), signed off by Rauf Denktas and stick it up your Mayors derriere!

war horse
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 43 in Discussion

Post by war horse »

Does Alagadi come under Esentepe Belediye or do they have their own council, as is the sort of thing that would happen in the Esentepe area. We have to pay a surcharge of 20ytl monthly for our meter even though we paid for the meter/pipes and sub station to get the water from Esentepe and still no water!

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 43 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

war horse wrote:
Sun 05 Jul 2020 9:23 pm
Does Alagadi come under Esentepe Belediye or do they have their own council, as is the sort of thing that would happen in the Esentepe area. We have to pay a surcharge of 20ytl monthly for our meter even though we paid for the meter/pipes and sub station to get the water from Esentepe and still no water!
Yes Alagadi comes under Esentepe.

inverno
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 20 of 43 in Discussion

Post by inverno »

Denying people one of their basic necessities, water.

Using blackmail and extortion ?

Shouldn't the government and or police be involved in this matter ?

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 21 of 43 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

inverno wrote:
Mon 06 Jul 2020 5:27 am
.. Shouldn't the government and or police be involved in this matter ?

Did you read msg9? :) -

"My Solicitor has informed me that while he is office, he cannot be prosecuted. The ombudsman has tried and failed to reason with him , but to no avail."

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 22 of 43 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

Keithcaley wrote:
Mon 06 Jul 2020 7:05 am
inverno wrote:
Mon 06 Jul 2020 5:27 am
.. Shouldn't the government and or police be involved in this matter ?

Did you read msg9? :) -

"My Solicitor has informed me that while he is office, he cannot be prosecuted. The ombudsman has tried and failed to reason with him , but to no avail."
He needs to be taken to the ECHR...

£eagle
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 23 of 43 in Discussion

Post by £eagle »

Even if it is true that the Baskan cannot be personally prosecuted the Municipality is actionable for unlawful acts.
I am sure the PM would love to hear from everyone affected by the illegal acts in Alagadi and those losing their water supply in the Bahceli region.

The PMs Whatsapp account is on +90 533 862 99 11.

Doing nothing will achieve nothing.

Trigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 24 of 43 in Discussion

Post by Trigger »

Chatting with neighbours from our site, they have had no water for a week as the management have stopped water tanker deliveries... but the water pipe infrastructure has not been installed yet. Pretty tough going that don’t you think at the best of times, but during the summer months and in the middle of a pandemic? That cannot be right. Surely no one would be that inhumane?

leester polfus
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 25 of 43 in Discussion

Post by leester polfus »

Hi warhorse.
Just sent you a pm

war horse
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 26 of 43 in Discussion

Post by war horse »

Hi leester, sorry for the wrong number, have sent u another pm

Maisiemoo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 27 of 43 in Discussion

Post by Maisiemoo »

I come under Alsancak and a couple.of years ago we had 5 days without water. I went to the office and was informed that they have a legal duty to supply water and they would send a tanker free of charge, I just had to phone them up to request it and was given the direct phone number of the lady in charge. What a difference in service!

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 28 of 43 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

We've had the same reply from Alsancak, although it was pre Turkish water days, don't know if that makes a difference?

leester polfus
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 29 of 43 in Discussion

Post by leester polfus »

Hi warhorse. Haven't received a pm from you. Wonder if I could trouble you to try again. Cheers

war horse
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 30 of 43 in Discussion

Post by war horse »

Hi leester number is

0533 862 5921 his name is Osman and its fresh spring water from Tatlisu

leester polfus
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 31 of 43 in Discussion

Post by leester polfus »

I have just called Osman but unfortunately, he is unable to deliver to the Esentepe region. He has a friend who tried it the other day but was stopped by the Police. Whilst they couldn't do anything about his license, they scrutinized his tanker. Understandably, Osman doesn't want to get involved.

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 32 of 43 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

leester polfus wrote:
Tue 07 Jul 2020 11:19 am
I have just called Osman but unfortunately, he is unable to deliver to the Esentepe region. He has a friend who tried it the other day but was stopped by the Police. Whilst they couldn't do anything about his license, they scrutinized his tanker. Understandably, Osman doesn't want to get involved.
Are we to deduce that the police are under the control of the mayor? That can't be right...

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 33 of 43 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Groucho, he didn't say 'which' polis, but if it was the Zabita (Belediye Polis) who enforce the local municipality rules and regulations (dreamt up by the local Mayor),....... then Yes!

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 34 of 43 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

Joker2nd wrote:
Sun 05 Jul 2020 7:21 pm
Thanks faro. Will give them a ring. Also noticed in Cyprus today the article involving residents in Aligadi having to pay 500tl each household to collect rubbish. Then told if you don’t pay, you can’t top your water up.Its just blackmail.
[/quote
I assumed it was split over the year as it was only mentioned on the house i never pay the bills as the owner does when here. The other 2 i pay quarterly along with water. Catalkoy we now pay 10tl a month unless you can prove you dont create garden waste.
What annoys me upper alagadi under esentepe and besparmek which comes under catalkoy have not had water for 12 weeks and neither seem to know why except problem!!

Trigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 35 of 43 in Discussion

Post by Trigger »

12 weeks without water? How do people cope? Surely going 3 months is against human rights?

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 36 of 43 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Trigger, the inhabitants have to learn to balance a pot on their heads and walk 3 miles in bare feel to the nearest filthy river. The powers that be wouldn't like the publicity would they??

Joker2nd
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 37 of 43 in Discussion

Post by Joker2nd »

Yes the Mayor has got the police in his back pocket.

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 38 of 43 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

Trigger wrote:
Tue 07 Jul 2020 8:48 pm
12 weeks without water? How do people cope? Surely going 3 months is against human rights?
I think if the houses were occupied there would be more effort put into sorting the problem, as the owners would be in the offices daily, 8 weeks was in the lockdown period and the other 4 have just been weekly visits to the the officials to state still no water. Alagadi fully restored but the besparmek one hit and miss.
Only 2 houses out of the 5 need a regular daily water supply as they all have only been on mains for around 5 years they all have 20 ton plus tanks. Besparmek house the municipality advised remove the meter I can not help you therefore i have assume the pipe is esentepe and they buy the right to water.

sticky1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 39 of 43 in Discussion

Post by sticky1 »

Can anyone advise or help re:
It would appear we have to accept the situation of paying the 7300 TL, but it now comes to light that Esentepe will only be responsible for the mains pipe to the entrance of our site. We then have to pay and have carried out pipeline work that should feed our properties with mains water, a further £2000 plus.
However we are being told that our water meters at present will all be removed and our property supply capped off until such times that we get out there and pay 7300 for what now appear to be a very expensive water meter as we have to pay additional costs to get mains pipes into our site.
We have paid for and own our water meters surely they cannot come along and take them without our permission ?
Also it now seems we will still have keep our old water pumps, sensors and have water tankers to top up our old water storage tanks as a back up for when mains is not working.

Sorry for the long post, just welcome some local knowledge and possible solutions

Thanks in advance.

Litawskirosy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 40 of 43 in Discussion

Post by Litawskirosy »

I moved into my villa April 2023 and paid out over£2000 for a meter and water connection. But when my family arrived a month ago the water was disconnected. I hadwater for 5 hours three weeks ago and nothing since. I am paying £50 every 3 days for 5 tons of water.
What can I do? The belediyesi does not reply to emails or my visits.HELP.
How can contact the Mayor

MnM
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 41 of 43 in Discussion

Post by MnM »

I'm surprised you're not getting any joy from the Belediye. We had no water when we came out once. I went to the office, (same bloke always there), can't remember his name, got someone out and water back on within the hour. Is someone from your family able to go to the Belediye with your Water Card? The Muhtar, they should find him in his office opposite Remzi's Restaurant or in the Limasol Bank further long round the corner.

MikeK
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 42 of 43 in Discussion

Post by MikeK »

Saw this the other day.

Eltan Halil wrote,

Hi all, I am the editor of Cyprus Today newspaper. If anyone would like to share details of the water problems you are experiencing then please write to [email protected] with your full name, address and phone number (full address and phone numbers will not be published). Thank you.

Might be worth sending him an email.

Geoff1131
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 43 of 43 in Discussion

Post by Geoff1131 »

Just sent an e mail to Cyprus Today, lets hope they can stir the nest. Would be good if other affected people could do the same.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”