General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Geoff1131
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Getting a renewal credit / debit cards sent by post

•   Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Geoff1131 »

Hi all, my current debit card expires at the end of October this year. The last time i had a replacement card the card was posted to my TRNC address but never turned up and after a lengthy process the bank sent it to a friend of mine who was coming out here. I have requested that the bank send my new card to him again, they have said they can no longer do this and have said they will post it out to my TRNC address. Has anyone had a card arrive here? and do any of you have any suggestions? ie Registered post? Put in brown envelope? ( my tax bills always get here)

Geoff

13roman58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Getting a renewal credit / debit cards sent by post

•   Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

Post by 13roman58 »

Change your address with the bank to your friends address.

karmels
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Post by karmels »

I have my debit / credit cards delivered to my postbox in Girne. It does seem to take quite a while but they do arrive.
Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves. Confucius 551-479 BC

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

Our Nationwide cards were posted on 18th May in UK and arrived in our PO box here on 26th June. The old ones were due to expire on 30th June so just in the nick of time. I had called Nationwide before we received them as I was worried about accessing our account without a card reader and they were very helpful saying we could use our son's UK mobile to receive a code or go back to using the memorable word method of logging on.
Over 15 years we have not had a single occurrence of bank/building society cards being lost in transit, maybe we've been lucky, but we have had other things go astray.
Just ask them to post them at least 6 weeks before the old ones expire, the NW agent told us they normally post them out 2 weeks before which means you'd definitely get them late.

forestpixie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Post by forestpixie »

Mine got sent to my mums house in England she then sent it recorded delivery to my friend and it's now with her parents in quarantine here!

DarkAli
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Post by DarkAli »

We have just had ours ,delivered by hand by our Greek friend it was posted to them in the the UK and they brought it over

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Have friends in TRNC who's cards were addressed and posted to their PO box in Girne in March, just before lock down and have still not arrived. Like us, they are receiving post but it has been posted in UK in February and are still waiting for their cards.

munchy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Post by munchy »

Went to LAPTA Post office today . Looks like a large consignment of small packages and Post has been received. Was pleased to receive a NEW Debit card despatched 7th June from the UK. Considering the difficulties of Flights etc, I think it's a good effort.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”