Final EFRAR Total 2017

Want to let people know about your event? Post it here, not forgetting to add to the Kibkom Calendar too.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

carrierbag
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Final EFRAR Total 2017

•   Message 1 of 1 in Discussion

Post by carrierbag »

EFRAR has been particularly challenging this year.

Last year, thanks to a late donation by a group of Turkish Cypriot businessman, we raised over TL192,000 which was an impossible target to try and match. Also, sadly, three of our Committee members were directly affected by cancer and we had a new venue which always brings its own logistical issues.

But we persevered. We held more events than last year, including our first ever dog show in conjunction with Help4Pets and also benefitted from an anonymous donor who matched all the money which we raised on the day of the run.

I would like to pay tribute to everyone who has supported us. Thanks to my hard working Committee who not only contributed their ideas but ensured that we achieved as much sponsorship as possible, had perfect accounts, managed the race day, helped with events and was the most efficient administrator possible. Particular thanks go to Sue Steel, my Vice Chair, who in spite of undergoing treatment for breast cancer in the U.K., continued to do the entire PR and get us raffle and auction prizes. She was instrumental in securing the boxing glove from Anthony Joshua which raised so much money at the auction. We really missed you this year Sue and look forward to seeing you back later in the autumn.

I am grateful to the Association - Raziye the President, Engin her second in command and Seda who is part of our Committee. They are so busy but always find time for us.

Thanks also to our sponsors, especially Carringtons who do everything they can to support us every year. They provided the venue, trophies, and medals and had an Operations’ Manager dedicated to ensuring that the Run was a success. We look forward to working with them again next year.

We all know why we do this. With the number of cancer patients rising significantly each year, and no help from the government, every lira which we raise makes a real difference to those who are suffering.

This is my first year as Chair Person and I am delighted to be able to hand over a cheque to the Association of TL144,654.
Attachments
Pix 1 l-r Ivor Moon, Art Watson, Mary Watson, Raziye Kocaismail, Burcu Karakaya.jpg
Pix 2 - l-r Ivor Moon, Art Watson, Mary Watson, Raziye Kocaismail, Burcu Karakaya.jpg

Return to “EVENTS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”