An even braver Shave!

Want to let people know about your event? Post it here, not forgetting to add to the Kibkom Calendar too.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

carrierbag
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

An even braver Shave!

•   Message 1 of 1 in Discussion

Post by carrierbag »

Kate Bell, 64, is a lady on a mission. A mission to raise TL10,000 for EFRAR 2018 supporting Tulips.
Mrs Bell, a retired mortgage manager has lived in Esentepe with her husband, for just over 10 years. She has always wanted to join in the Fun Run but has always found herself in UK when the event has taken place.

However, having recently watched her male “Abnormal” friends having their heads shaved, she thought “I can do that too”.

Kate said: “Anyone who knows me, knows my hair is very important to me and having my head shaved is a huge thing for me to do but if I can raise at least TL10,000 then that is what I will do.

Cancer is an illness which unfortunately knocks on most doors and I have personally lost my father, father-in-law, aunts and uncles to cancer but have other dear family members and friends who have undergone the gruelling treatment and survived.

I hope my gesture will raise the TL10,000 and so help cancer sufferers, here in North Cyprus, with their treatment.”

Mary Watson, EFRAR 2918 Chair commented: “It is one thing for a man to have his head shaved but quite different for a woman. This easily demonstrates Kate’s commitment to raise money for EFRAR and Tulips and in her own way, provide much needed support for cancer patients.”

Finally, Kate said “If everyone out there, in Northern Cyprus and the UK, who knows me, digs deep in their pockets to support me in reaching my goal, I will be eternally grateful. I plan to do this in early May, if I reach my target amount. If you want to sponsor me please email at [email protected]
Attachments
Kate Bell 1.jpg

Return to “EVENTS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”