Find out about anything to do with gardens, flowers and plants

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

the butlers wife
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Tree pruning

•   Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

Post by the butlers wife »

The carob trees on our site have become overgrown and I understand now is the time to prune them back.
Could anyone recommend somebody who could do this and would come out to the Esentepe area? Our regular gardeners have tried but have not done a good job, so someone who does this for a living would be better.

The butlers wife

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Tree pruning

•   Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Whoever does it, make sure you keep the wood that is pruned off! Carob is about the best you can get for a good Bar-B-Que, much better than charcoal and if you keep it dry and under cover you have it for years!!! Use finger thick bits to start your fire then go to thicker bits but not bigger than about the size of a spray can - once it has burnt it will start alight and red hot for hours and hours. If you have thicker wood pruneings then keep them for your log fire and mix with a bit of olive - magic and hot!!
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

the butlers wife
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

Post by the butlers wife »

Thank you Waddo for your helpful hints, we do have a wood burner so we will use all most all of the prunings.

We just need to find someone able to give a good prune now. I have heard of a gentleman who lives in Catalkoy

who rides a moped, unfortunately I don't have a name. If anyone thinks they know who it is, please let me know.

The butlers wife

best-dreams
Business contributing to forum
Business contributing to forum

•   Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

Post by best-dreams »

Hello The butlers wife,

I would be very happy to quote for cutting the trees, I have all tools and if you wish I can city them small for wood burner.

Hatib Xhafolli
http://Www.best-dreams.com

Return to “GARDENING - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”