Find out about anything to do with gardens, flowers and plants

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Lor51
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

3 trees need cutting

•   Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Lor51 »

Does anyone know someone that can fell and remove 3 trees and dig up the surrounding roots. Thanks

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: 3 trees need cutting

•   Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Marions »

I have impossible branches which are about to take down three neighbours' telephopne wires. Three times I hav e approaqched Alsancak belediye who say they are coming and three times they hav e noty, but I don't know where you are, but try your belediye - they loften help (when they get around to it!)
Maid Marion of Malatya
'Plan as if you will live for ever, but live each day as if it is your last.'

Rambling Rose
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Rambling Rose »

You need to check anyway as the fellling of certain types of tree is forbidden by law! Fruit trees and olives included, I think. Short of a lawyer you local Belediye is probably the first place to enquire.

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Marions »

thanks rambling Rose, but the Belediye confirmed that it is O.K. to cut - I took a small branch into the office as my Turkish could not describe the thing. it is just that they have failed to turn up in spite of being so definite about it, and now three different telephone lines are in danger of being severed! Guess I will have to try the belediye again - but having gone in for the triple, i am losing enthusiasim.
Maid Marion of Malatya

best-dreams
Business contributing to forum
Business contributing to forum

•   Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

Post by best-dreams »

Hi marions & lor51 ,

If is not forbidden I may be able to remove them I will have to see them.

Best regards
Hatib Xhafolli
0533 843 80 23
0548 872 16 85
[email protected]
http://www.best-dreams.com

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Marions »

Thanks but the Belediye did come as promised. It did take a while. The irony is that I wanted the tree chopped because it was hanging over telephone wires. The Belediye was doing great until the last minute when they cut a large branch that took the telephone wire with it! Oh dear. And it was my neighbour's that won't repair the damaged wall of ours (which they created). And there was me trying to be the good neighbour. So glad it was the Belediye and not me! But hopefully the line can be quickly repaired.
So thanks for the offer, but of course that is no help to the originator of this thread. any luck???
Maid Marion of Malatya

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Yes, do be careful what trees you want to cut down. We had some really ugly shaped fir trees and no-one would cut them down. One estate agent told me recently that some very old Carob and Olive trees actualy have their own Kocans - they are that protected. Strange isn't it, when you drive around and see a JCB flattening them by the dozen?

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Marions »

Agreed sophie. But i took a smallbranch of my tree into the belediye to show them that it is not a preserved tree! I still don't know the name of it. But I agree that some trees are protected until it suits someone otherwise. And would you believe I had the tree chopped down to save neighbour's telephone wires and now they are complaining baout our bourgainvilea that hangs over. I can't cut it, alan can't and my neighbour was wanting at me in Turkish. I just smiled sweetly and said 'feel free to cut it yourself'. She is the same age as I, so as it is for the convenience of her car, I would be delighted if she did it.
Interesting though that in this village, alan and I have given and given where we culd and never said no. But who is there to help us when we need it. Answer in one word. None.

and I amnot bitter and twisted, just amused and sad.
Maid Marion of Malatya

Lor51
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Lor51 »

They are not fruit or olive, they are the type that have yellow flowers in spring, the roots are spreading into next door and stand taller than his hedge. They are also taking over my garden. I think I might have found a solution, I have changed my windows and shutters and wanted to give them to a poor local family, so one of my neighbours found such a family, and during a conversation it turns out this local family can help, so just waiting for them to come some day soon.

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Marions »

That's really good. Mutual help. I am all for it. that is how I was raised, but it doesn't seem to happen too much around here. I help, and .........I help..........and I help. different culture I suppose. But I know it still exists, so I hope it solves your problem soon.
Maid Marion of Malatya

Lor51
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Lor51 »

Thanks Marion, The trees have been cut and removed by the family, I was also looking for a new home for my old washing machine, and the same family said they would mend some iron work for me as a thanks for the washer. So, it turned our good for both of us, I am sure that one day all the help you give will be returned.

Return to “GARDENING - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”