Post by mikelapta »

Whre can I buy a chıcken house,then the straw and feed?...Thanks Mıke

dippersgirl
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Now a request to keep chıckens

•   Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Post by dippersgirl »

I think you will have to ask somebody to make you a chicken house. Feed you get from a local Koop (Co-op) - tavuk yemi

straw - saman balya - look for somebody who has sheep or goats>

kbasat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Post by kbasat »

Having recently picked up the interest into feathery animals, we have had our cages made out of strong galvanized steel square mesh (we live on the mountains where foxes are plenty). We decorated cages with olive wood and currently making them nesting boxes ourselves to replace temporary boxes.

We currently keep light brahmas, polish and silkie chickens. We also have golden pheasants, silver pheasants, common pheasants, spotted partridges, white partridges, quails and peacocks.

You are welcome to visit us to have a look and get some ideas, or give us some

We also have a large stock of straw for our horses, donkey and goats so you are welcome to as much as you can carry at no cost.

K.
( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°) Haters will see you walk on water and say it’s because you can’t swim. ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
-----
https://www.facebook.com/taskentdogaparki/

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

I used wood shavings for my chickens, free from the local carpenter and works a treat. They will put themselves to bed at night but lock up your cages no matter where you live, damn foxes are everywhere. Also join this group - [email protected] - wonderful people and so much help from all over the world.
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

mikelapta
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Post by mikelapta »

Thanks for replies so far !!!Living near Lapta City Centre had never considered foxes as a threat.Never seen one in 8 years,not sure my friendly Cyprus poodle could handle a fox !!!İ was going to fence off part of the lemon grove just to keep the chickens ın place !!!Lots more reading today and check neighbours who have feathered friends !!!

kbasat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Post by kbasat »

If you are in the city center, you should consider having a roosterless flock as they do tend to make noise in odd hours and neighbors might not be so happy about it

K.
( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°) Haters will see you walk on water and say it’s because you can’t swim. ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
-----
https://www.facebook.com/taskentdogaparki/

brian24001
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Post by brian24001 »

mikelapta wrote: ....................... had never considered foxes as a threat. Never seen one in 8 years .................!
I hadn't seen one previously, until one evening last winter, diriving out of out entrance, and one walked right in front of the car. It even turned it's head a looked at us. Have to say it looked in great condition, but then plenty of food and stuff about to keep them fed.
The wife keeps complaining I never listen to a word she says ............. or something like that.

Return to “GARDENING - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”