Find out about anything to do with gardens, flowers and plants

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

old trucker
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Any Gardening Clubs?

•   Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Post by old trucker »

Does anyone know if there are any Gardening Clubs here in North Cyprus, I am a very keen gardener but gardening here is a very different ball game to in the UK, would just to find out lots about the shrubs, plants and vegetables here on Cyprus and when to plant, when to water etc etc.
Thank you Christine x 8

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: Any Gardening Clubs?

•   Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

I know that member 'Daisy Roots' started a club a couple of years ago - you could send her an email from her profile page if no one has any more up-to-date information - if you don't get any kind of response, then let me know and I'll try to contact her on Skype or facebook.

Alternatively! - Watch what your Turkish Cypriot neighbours are doing, and copy them

I think that generally, people are preparing the ground now, ready for planting next month, after the first 'proper' rainfall - the Turkish word for October is also used to mean 'Planting, Sowing', which should give you some idea

Good luck!

Rubyroo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Rubyroo »

There is one that meets at the Courtyard in Karakum, Ozankoy Gardening club, full of good advice. They meet once a month, I think the last Wednesday in the month but will check and get back to you unless someone else knows?

kerry 6138
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

Post by kerry 6138 »

There was a Ozankoy gardening club not sure if they are still running they used to meet in Karakum

Rubyroo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Rubyroo »

The gardening club meets on the last Wednesday of the month at the Courtyard in Karakum, next one is Wednesday 27th September

Dave G
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Dave G »

Time please

old trucker
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Post by old trucker »

Thank you all for your advice, Keith you have confirmed what I was thinking, Christine xx

zanky
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Post by zanky »

Due to unforeseen circumstances the Gardeners Forum is meeting for October at the Cirali Bakery in Karakum. This is on the north side of the Girne to Catalkoy road opposite the Al Shaheen restaurant. The meeting is due to start as usual at 10.30 this Wednesday the 25th .

Return to “GARDENING - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”