Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Garden irrigation advise.

•   Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

Hi Folks,

We inherited a large garden about 15 years ago with our villa. The garden is fed by a well, the supply is very good. We have a pop up sprinkler system which up to the last 9 months was working OK however, of late at least 50 per cent has now malfunctioned.

Most of the system is underground, I have looked for leaks, changed the pop ups but still no luck, we now water the garden (50 percent) with hose pipes which is a real pain!

My question is: What would it take to lay a new system? Not underground but around the garden, is it a difficult and costly process? I realise the cost depends on the size of the garden.

Thanks in anticipation.

mikelapta
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Garden irrigation advise.

•   Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Post by mikelapta »

We have quite a deep well but in the past few days supply to the tank is very slow,I can view water at bottom of well now just a trickle,,Start doing rain dances or see what happens October when we may have rain !!!!!!!

dani
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Post by dani »

I would go and talk to Ulas who owns the Garden Center on the road, just past Acmenya Restaurant in Alsancak. He recommended the people who put our system in a couple of years ago.

rigsby
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Post by rigsby »

Dani,Was that Unsal from Ulas garden centre? Unsal showed me some sysems he fitted years ago,A very clever man.

Lambousa Market
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Lambousa Market »

I think he means Ulus from Nature Garden - up from the Golden Lady.

You're on the right track replacing the old in-built system with an above-ground. The latter is far far easier to maintain and any faults can be easily appraised. We had an underground system and the headaches were legion. Invisible leaks, blocked pipes and a surprising amount of critters taking up residency!

Another preson who can help is Özkül from Press Teknik on the Lapta/Alsancak border. If you stipulate you want aboveground and take him the measurements he'll be able to recommend the correct capacity delivery-pump and adequate water connections.

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

Thanks every body for your replies, very useful indeed.

Return to “GARDENING - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”