Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Jasja
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Sago Palm

•   Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

Post by Jasja »

Karsiyaka beach side.

We have a beautiful Sago Palm in our garden which has gone crazy this past 6 months. We have a large amount of pups on it. Many of them are on the trunk itself and have large healthy green fronds. There are numerous small ones round the base. We are literally overrun with them.

Question: Is there any gardeners/garden centres out there that would remove these pups for free and in return we are very happy for them to take all the pups they retrieve. We estimate there are upwards of 20.

If you’d like photos showing the Sago and it’s pups please email [email protected]

Nc2016
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Sago Palm

•   Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

Post by Nc2016 »

I have one that has a few babies on it. Should have been taken off Feb time apparently.

I’ll take them off soon with a sharp knife. My neighbours can have them so nothing lost!

Jasja
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

Post by Jasja »

Nc2016 we would normally do that but these on the trunk need to be removed carefully otherwise it could seriously damage the Sago. We’ve already taken 12 off but those on the trunk are much too big for us to attempt it ourselves. Our Sago has really gone crazy this last 6/12 months. We are also getting a minimum of 2 new sets of fronds a year to!

Over the years we’ve given hundreds of plants away to friends. To buy a Sago costs around TL200 minimum. We don’t want any money for any of them we’d just like someone to come and safely remove and take them away.

Nc2016
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

Post by Nc2016 »

Wow! I’d go and ask at your local garden centre. It sounds like it needs to be someone who knows what they’re doing. Good luck!

Return to “GARDENING - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”