Very dry hair!!

Recommend a stylist or hairdresser to other members, or find out where to go for your beauty treatment in the TRNC.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

bluedream
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Very dry hair!!

•   Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

Post by bluedream »

My hair has gone very very dry. I'm currently using gliss conditioner, and have been using it for a few months now. It's the best that I've tried so far. But any recommendations to get it in better condition would be great.

Dalartokat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Very dry hair!!

•   Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Dalartokat »

Coconut Oil, preferably left on hair over night with cling film or some form of hair covering like a towelling turban or old scarf. Make sure you use old pillow cases due to oil seeping. Do this on a regular basis once a week for about 4 weeks and do not use conditioner everyday. Use the Coconut oil, enough just to cover tip of your finger and warm between hands and push through hair. If it feels too greasy just put hair dryer through for a couple of minutes.

Obviously you are trying to put oils back into your hair, but conditioner forms a barrier, so hair needs stripping down and starting again. Not sure now what products you can get in NC but "Bedhead" products are expensive but very good and you only need amounts so product lasts longer. "Aussie Hair products" also good. Clairol conditioner for coloured or bleached blonde hair, using small amounts((length of small finger) works wonders also. Good luck.
If you ever get tired one day of life, take a rest, lean your back on the stone, not people. Cold but safe...

Rubyroo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Rubyroo »

All very good advise from Dalortakat.

Can I add try not to wash your hair so often just rinse it very very well if you swim? to get sea salt or chemicals from the pool out of your hair.

When you do wash it use a very mild shampoo eg Baby shampoo.

I've found a product in Lemar called Y by YUNSEY, a Green label on a white bottle, which is a repair serum that you put on your hair and leave on rather than using conditioner which just makes my hair limp and flat.

Last but not least wear a hat if you can to protect your hair from the sun at this time of year.

I hope it improves for you!

bluedream
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

Post by bluedream »

Hi, thanks for your replys. I've just come back from the uk, and a lady in boots recommended coconut oil, so I e bought some of that to try. Unfortunately, I gave greasy hair on the front, so in the mornings I have to wash it. Otherwise, I wouldny wash it every day.

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

Re swimming, a tip from my hairdresser is to wet your hair before going into pool to stop it absorbing chlorine.

Dalartokat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Dalartokat »

Bluedream, if you put the Coconut oil on before you go to bed with clingfilm wrapped around or during the day if your not going anywhere, then in the morning or later in the afternoon, the oil should have penetrated into your hair. If your hair still feels greasy then yes wash it with shampoo, but don't put conditioner on. The next day, put a fingertip of coconut oil in the palm of your hand and warm it through and place through your hair on top and underneath. Then your hair should be in good order. Then do this on a weekly basis until your hair is not feeling or looking so dry.

Using conditioner on hair puts a barrier and builds up on the hair, every now and then you have to strip it off by using a detox shampoo and start again. All hair products will have affects on your hair as well as the sun, dust, fumes etc.
If you ever get tired one day of life, take a rest, lean your back on the stone, not people. Cold but safe...

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Marions »

My hairdresser here does a special intensive treatment. I hav enot had it done but have seen it done and it works well. Here in Northern Cyprus all hairdressing procedures cost far less than U.K. If you want i can find out the cost for you and give you her details. But I am not sure where you are living.
Maid Marion of Malatya
'Plan as if you will live for ever, but live each day as if it is your last.'

madeincyprus
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

Post by madeincyprus »

Marions wrote:My hairdresser here does a special intensive treatment. I hav enot had it done but have seen it done and it works well. Here in Northern Cyprus all hairdressing procedures cost far less than U.K. If you want i can find out the cost for you and give you her details. But I am not sure where you are living.
Please can i have the details, my hair is in need of a helping hand, Thanks

Lachatiet
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Lachatiet »

Here are some amazing home remedies to treat your frizzy locks and make them soft and shinier.

https://qph.ec.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-1 ... 9f221.webp

And here are some of the ideas that you can make your hairs more attractive with Mr Kids Haircuts. Hope it will help you a lot.
Last edited by Lachatiet on Thu 12 Jul 2018 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lachatiet
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Lachatiet »

This is how to repair damaged hair the easy way. These inexpensive at-home tricks will remedy your damaged, dry locks, leaving you with healthy hair.

Return to “HAIR & BEAUTY - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”