How much is Stoppaj and KDV on top of house price please?

All to do with money - Banks, Insurance, Savings, Exchange Rates...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

suehowlittle
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

How much is Stoppaj and KDV on top of house price please?

•   Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Post by suehowlittle »

Hope that someone will know the answer to this, I am so sick and tired of trying to find out exactly how much I have to pay to get my Kocan, I have established that it will be 3% + KDV + Stoppaj (capital gains tax as builder is bankrupt)

Problem is that I cannot find out how much the KDV and Stoppaj is on a purchase price of 65k.

Surely someone must know - it is very difficult to be told you have to pay all these things and yet be unable to find out how much it all comes to.

Help!!!

suehowlittle
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: How much is Stoppaj and KDV on top of house price please

•   Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Post by suehowlittle »

Please help if you can

suel5
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Post by suel5 »

Property Taxes and when they are payable updated 26 November 2012

Unless otherwise stated all taxes are payable in Turkish Lira.

Tax Rate Paid to: Payable:
Stamp Duty 0.5% of contract price Local tax office Must be paid before sales contract is registered at the District Lands Office, which is 21 days from date on contract. Advice is to pay it immediately.
KDV (VAT) 5% of contract price Vendor (if they are classified as professional sellers) By law KDV is payable when the buyer takes possession of the property. You must get an official receipt for the payment stating that it relates to KDV at 5% of contract dated ddmmmyyyy. You will need to produce this receipt at title transfer time.
Emlak Tax 1 TL per square meter of covered area of property Local Belediyesi Annually from April to March. By law this is payable by the registered owner. As many do not pay it is recommended that you pay it from the date you take possession. Visit the Belediye with your stamped sales contract and a copy of your passport. You will need a current receipt for title transfer.
Purchase Tax 6% of contract price or market value, whichever is the highest. There is currently a one-off 50% discount on this tax. See Cyprus Today below Local Land Registry via their recommended bank At title transfer time.
Municipality Tax 1% of the Purchase Tax figure ,i.e. 1% of the 3% value. Local Land Registry via their recommended bank At title transfer time.

Found this on hbpg trnc. Hope it helps a little

suehowlittle
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Post by suehowlittle »

Thankyou very much for your reply. I can now quantify that KDV at 5% and Purchase Tax of 3% as a figure.

However, the Stoppaj (the builders capital gains tax) is the scary one as no-one seems to know how much this is. (Is it a secret?)

So a little more help needed please.

I wondered whether - if I visited an accountant he would know this figure?

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

The person I bought my house from had to pay the stopaj not me as they already had the deeds. On a £30000 sale it was £1200

Return to “FINANCE - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”