alternative to HSBC ?

All to do with money - Banks, Insurance, Savings, Exchange Rates...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

mikelapta
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

alternative to HSBC ?

•   Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

Post by mikelapta »

I have used them as they accept my OAP pension and Private pension from UK.Have just noticed they take charges my private pension of over 25%....Any recommendations for an alternative Bank?

IktisatMCB
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: alternative to HSBC ?

•   Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

Post by IktisatMCB »

Hello,
Iktisatbank offer the facility for you to transfer your funds form the UK to an account with us.
If you would like to discuss this further please contact me on [email protected].

Kind regards
Natalie

JoandJelly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

Post by JoandJelly »

Hi Natalie does Iktisat do a "proper" credit card like HSBC, i.e. where you don't have to block the value of your limit in an account? Thanks.

IktisatMCB
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

Post by IktisatMCB »

Hi JoandJelly

In accordance with the banking laws of the TRNC when issuing a Credit Card to any foreign national, cash collateral has to be taken unless they have a Kimlik Kart. The funds are placed in an interest baring account in your name whilst you are using the card. The amount of funds placed as collateral is dependent on the amount of limit required for the credit card.

Our SmartCards are Mastercard and therefore can be used internationally, in addition to this you also earn points with every purchase made and these points once accumulated can be put towards flights. With our SmartCards we also provide access to the CIP Bosphore Lounge at Ercan airport as well as many other benefits.
Please feel free to visit our website iktisatbank.com for full details or email for an appointment and I will be happy to meet with you to discuss the full benefits.

Kind regards
Natalie

JoandJelly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

Post by JoandJelly »

So it must be different for HSBC then presumably because it is not a TRNC bank?

Hammerhead
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Hammerhead »

get it paid into a uk bank and transfer it every 3 month andit should not cost much

mikelapta
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

Post by mikelapta »

accordıng to the Star thıs Saturday,favourıte to take over Turkısh operatıons ıs ING Bank....anyone have any comments,deal wıth thıs Bank?

Paul 50
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Paul 50 »

Try TEB bank, they have a Expat department the lady (Seran) is extremely good. I have my pensions paid into there no problem and no charges from the bank, you can withdraw sterling from their ATM and they have a agreement with Barclays UK that you can use their UK ATMs without charge ( As Barclays run the cash machines for ASDA you can use any ASDA ATM for free as well.)

Bowman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Bowman »

Hi, Mike,

I have used IngDiBa (German holding) for 15+ yrs. And had no problem with the level of service.

We kept the account open when we moved to the TRNC, as my wife’s pension (from Germany) is paid into our account. I use a VISA card to draw out Euros. There is no charge for the Euro cash withdrawal.

The current limits are up to €1.000,00 per day per card and a maximum of €2.500,00 per week. We have two cards so have access to €5.000,00 per week.

Hope this helps

Regards Mike

Return to “FINANCE - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”