Capital bank new in the game?!?

All to do with money - Banks, Insurance, Savings, Exchange Rates...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

DRISS
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Capital bank new in the game?!?

•   Message 1 of 47 in Discussion

Post by DRISS »

My Turkbank account is getting 7,25% and soon the account is due to mature and recently found out that Capital bank is offering good rates. Heard that it could go up to 13%?!?! Is that true? Does anyone have info on Capital bank?

Help required...

http://www.kibkomnorthcyprusforum.com/p ... =post&f=27#

Bloss
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Capital bank new in the game?!?

•   Message 2 of 47 in Discussion

Post by Bloss »

Hi we have banked with Capital for over 2 years and thoroughly recommend them. We use the branch at Karaglonolu (can never spell this) Narcin is an absolute gem speaks perfect English and goes out of her way to help Emina is also very helpful Highly recommended

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 3 of 47 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

I know absolutely nothing about Capital Bank, but I would remind you of the old maxim...

"The higher the return, the higher the RISK

DRISS
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 47 in Discussion

Post by DRISS »

Thanks for the quick reply. We live in Karsyaki so Alsancak branch will be the closest to us. Along the discussion we had on the weekend with some friends, they also recommended Capital bank.

We decided that we will give it a shot with Alsancak branch. Will let you know how it went after sometime and also leave you feedback...

Jeff.

ham on brown
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 47 in Discussion

Post by ham on brown »

DRISS wrote:Thanks for the quick reply. We live in Karsyaki so Alsancak branch will be the closest to us. Along the discussion we had on the weekend with some friends, they also recommended Capital bank.

We decided that we will give it a shot with Alsancak branch. Will let you know how it went after sometime and also leave you feedback...

Jeff.
Hi Jeff please post the amount off money you invest and what interest rate you get for it and the t's and c's of the deal. cheers

DenBoy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 47 in Discussion

Post by DenBoy »

Driss

Let me know if you meet the manager Birtan Nazim - I have an upcoming meeting with him to open account(s).

Cheers

Dennis
As I grow older, my mind doesn't just wander..............sometimes it just leaves me completely !!

Bloss
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 47 in Discussion

Post by Bloss »

Hi Driss We too live in Karsiyaka and can use the branch at Alsancak as well. I just thought that you would find the girls at the Karaoglanoglu branch extremely helpful They have gone the extra mile with us on many occasions in some cases with problems not relating to banking queries If you want to speak to Narcin or any member of staff there the telephone No is 0392 8223506 I promise you will not be disappointed

DRISS
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 47 in Discussion

Post by DRISS »

Thanks Bloss,

We already made an appointement with Alsancak branch for tomorrow morning. If everything goes well I will post a feedback...

Jeff.

Bert
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 47 in Discussion

Post by Bert »

Be interesting to see how all the banks are affected when Turkey gets into the EU getting close me thinks!!! Hopefully they will enter and stay with the Lira!!! Sorry slightly off subject.

RAZR63
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 47 in Discussion

Post by RAZR63 »

Bert wrote:Be interesting to see how all the banks are affected when Turkey gets into the EU getting close me thinks!!! Hopefully they will enter and stay with the Lira!!! Sorry slightly off subject.
From the Mail: "The deal will mean Turkey’s 75million citizens being allowed into the border- free Schengen zone, which includes most of mainland Europe but not the UK, as a precursor to quicker steps to full membership of the Eu.
negotiations for Turkey to enter the Eu stalled in 2013. last night the country’s prime minister left no doubt as to what he hoped to get from the agreement. Ahmet Davutoglu said: ‘Today is a historic day in our accession process to the Eu. I am grateful to all European leaders for this new beginning.’
But Eu leaders were keen to play down the accession process and said the talks were primarily about reducing migration".

It might be a long way off yet?

DRISS
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 47 in Discussion

Post by DRISS »

We're just back home and here is how it went...

I must say that Alsancak Capital Bank personel are very helpfull, informative and positive...

It is interesting how people learn new things every day. I am a very cautious person when it comes to moving from one bank to another. However, I did not know that the guarantee scheme of 20,000 Euro applies for all the banks in the TRNC. Some banks make it look like an attribute of their own.
Anyway, after meeting the manager - Birtan - and discussing the risk and returns aspect, it was clarified to me that all the banks operating in the TRNC are stable and this is ensured by the monitoring of the TRNC Central Bank. Also, the all the banks annual profit and loss performances are published on the TRNC Central Banks website. Must use google translate though since its published only in Turkish!!!

In returns perspective, we had been offered an account type that did put a smile on our faces!! - Grabbed it before I could blink

"An annual deposit account with monthly interest return "

1. All accounts are guaranteed 20,000 Euro per account.
2. Can withdraw some of my capital if needed. Even before maturity. No penalties!!!
3. Can convert my funds back to foreign currency before the maturity and won't repay back any interest earnt on a monthly basis.
4. You could do transactions from internet banking - even from your deposit account (This option is locked at my current bank.)
5. No account charges!!! - Really?!?!? Apparently many banks do not charge in order to take your business which I was not aware of!!!
6. I did put quite a bit Ham on Brown (to answer your query) and got 12.75% for my TL on an annual basis.

All in all, I can honestly mention that all staff speaks superb English, easy to communicate, helpful and the products they offered us was beyond comparison to the current bank.... Currently I feel content about the decission. Obviously time will also tell.. I will keep you guys posted though.

I do hope that the feedback will provide you some understanding about the bank as it did to me by the staff. Meanwhile, I have the managers business card and there is a gsm number which you could call if you want to query anything, and that is 0533 850 2114- Birtan.

Cheers,

Jeff.

DRISS
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 47 in Discussion

Post by DRISS »

We just got gome and here is our how it went...

I must say that Alsancak Capital Bank personel are very helpfull, informative and positive...

It is interesting how people learn new things every day. I am very cautious person when it comes to moving from one bank to another. However, I did not know that the guarantee scheme of 20,000 Euro applies for all the banks in the TRNC. Some banks make it look like an attribute of their own.

Anyway, after meeting the manager - Birtan - and discussing the risk and returns aspect, it was clarified to me that all the banks operating in the TRNC are stable and this is ensured by the monitoring of the TRNC Central Bank. Also, the all the banks annual profit and loss performances are published on the TRNC Central Banks website. Must use google translate though since its published only in Turkish!!!

In returns perspective, we had been offered an account type that did put a smile on our faces!! - Grabbed it before I could blink
1. All accounts are guaranteed 20,000 Euro per account
2. Can withdraw some of my capital if needed. Even before maturity. No penalties!!!
3. Can convert my funds back to foreign currency before the maturity and won't repay back any interest earnt on a monthly basis.
4. You could do transactions from internet banking - even from your deposit account (This option is locked at my current bank.)
5. No account charges!!! - Really?!?!? Apparently many banks do not charge in order to take your business which I was not aware of!!!
6. I did put quite a bit Ham on Brown (to answer your query) and got 12.75% for my TL on an annual basis.

All in all, I can honestly mention that all staff speaks superb English, easy to communicate, helpful and the products they offered us was beyond comparison to the current bank.... Currently I feel content about the decission. Obviously time will also tell.. I will keep you guys posted though.

I do hope that the feedback will provide you some understanding about the bank as it did to me by the staff. Meanwhile, I have the managers business card and there is a gsm number which you could call if you want to query anything, and that is 0533 850 2114- Birtan.

Cheers,

Jeff

DRISS
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 47 in Discussion

Post by DRISS »

Since there is a limitation on the amount of words I will post it in divided.. sorry!!!

It is interesting how people learn new things every day. I am very cautious person when it comes to moving from one bank to another. However, I did not know that the guarantee scheme of 20,000 Euro applies for all the banks in the TRNC. Some banks make it look like an attribute of their own.

DRISS
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 47 in Discussion

Post by DRISS »

Cheers,

Jeff

DRISS
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 47 in Discussion

Post by DRISS »

Sorry people...

I have posted a reply but it does not seem to be coming through. Apparently there is a word limitation on it on this post. The details of what we achieved will be posted on the news section on the forum with the same title existing. I am psoting a shorter reply to you now...

We have been served and guided excellently by the staff of Alsancak. At the end we decided to put our funds with them. The account type we had been offered are as the following;
The managers name is Birtan and contact number is 0533 850 2114 if you wish to further query anything...

Jeff.

Bowman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 47 in Discussion

Post by Bowman »

Jeff,

The conditions listed are standard with both the institutions that I bank with.

As to the €20,000.00 limit, this has been posted more than once on this site.
What would be interesting to know is if you invest 200,000.00 TL in four accounts of 50,000.00 TL would you get the same rate as one investment of 200,000.00 TL as this is the only way to protect all your investments.

Currently my accounts are limited to the following amounts:- €20,000.00, 10,000.00 GBP and 50,000.00 TL.

Other members will be quick to point out the if a bank goes under the Central Bank will not have the funds to compensate all the banks customers.

I should also point out that when Birtan left CreditWest he took his customer contact list with him. I was called by Birtan, within the 1st month of his start with Capital Bank, trying to get me to move to Capital Bank. Not very professional and is normally considered a breech of contract.

David
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 47 in Discussion

Post by David »

Do Capital Bank have a website address please ?

David
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 47 in Discussion

Post by David »

Got it now

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 19 of 47 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Go on then! - I couldn't find it

davedee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 20 of 47 in Discussion

Post by davedee »

Me neither Keith

DenBoy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 21 of 47 in Discussion

Post by DenBoy »

There you go everyone

http://www.capitalbank.com.tr/index.php

Dennis
As I grow older, my mind doesn't just wander..............sometimes it just leaves me completely !!

DenBoy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 22 of 47 in Discussion

Post by DenBoy »

Driss

First & foremost can I just say a big thank you for all the information you have shared with us - I am coming out to open bank accounts shortly and have a couple of appointments arranged including with Birtan at Capitalbank.

Everyone has there own favourites, preferences etc but it is good to have this kind of write up - it helps me in my preparations in making my own decisions.

Once again, thank you.

Dennis

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 23 of 47 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

...and thank you for the website address!

bargainboozeandwines
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 24 of 47 in Discussion

Post by bargainboozeandwines »

Banked with Capital for some time now,business and personal,great service and lovely staff,and birtan the manager reminds me of how it used to be in the old days when you could actually get to see your bank manager and not have to jump through hoops to talk to a manager in the bank.Birtan is always around if you need to speak to him.For me that's a plus.

Not sure if they are new in the game as i'm sure they have around 12 branches.
mandarinorientalcyprus/

https://www.facebook.com/TheRedLionAlsancak/?ref=hl

Making Life Richer For The Pourer |:) (:|

DRISS
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 25 of 47 in Discussion

Post by DRISS »

You are welcome Dennis...

It did prove to have benefits... Hope it helps you aswell.

Jeff.

DenBoy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 26 of 47 in Discussion

Post by DenBoy »

Cheers Jeff

Jeff was kind enough to post interest rate on TL account with Capitalbank, whilst this is probably on amounts in the account can anyone else give any indications of what other banks are offering - not looking for exact figures, just ball park really.

Cheers

Dennis

Hammerhead
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 27 of 47 in Discussion

Post by Hammerhead »

hsbc rate is 6.5 on 250,000tl

David
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 28 of 47 in Discussion

Post by David »

Creditwest 10%

genghis
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 29 of 47 in Discussion

Post by genghis »

I banked with Credit West when the exchange rate was 2.8 and saw it rise to over 4%. As CW wouldn't increase their rate I decided to look around.
There were already favourable comments on Kibcom about Capital Bank and that is where I settled.
As stated above the customer service is very good as is the professional financial advice from Birtan. The deposit rates are good (perhaps the best on the street?) for both GBP and TL, English spoken, online banking is easy to use and for me the Alsancak branch is handy with loads of parking.
Very happy to fully recommend

David
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 30 of 47 in Discussion

Post by David »

It was not that long ago when the rate was 2.2 tl = £1 and interest rates were 19% ...... happy days, incidentally have sent an email to Capital bank inquiring about their services but as yet have not had a reply.
Credtwest have been excellent so far and Nesrin is first class.

DenBoy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 31 of 47 in Discussion

Post by DenBoy »

Everyone

Thank you very much for your posts which are really appreciated, now putting a plan together for our well earned pennies.

Have appointments booked with Creditwest & Capitalbank, we will also retain our Nationwide account in the UK.

I have appointments with Nesrin & Birtan respectively.

Dennis

Livelovelaugh
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 32 of 47 in Discussion

Post by Livelovelaugh »

I moved to Capital Bank in Alsancak just after they opened this new branch.
Previously I held accounts at HSBC and Creditwest. HSBC were charging my account, and I found Creditwest to be inefficient. On two occasions when I was expecting a payment to be credited to my account, they promised to contact me, but didn't.
I have found all the staff at Capital Bank to be very helpful and always friendly. They have shown themselves to be efficient, and have always contacted me regarding banking transactions if required.
I have no hesitation in recommending their services.
A happy customer.

kibriskid
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 33 of 47 in Discussion

Post by kibriskid »

I have been a customer for over a year with No problems at Capital Bank and can throughly recommend Birtain The Manager at there Alsancak Branch

mersin10
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 34 of 47 in Discussion

Post by mersin10 »

Hi Folks.
I agree with b.b and wines,can always get to see birtan the manager at alsancak branch.
and the staff and service are great good rates too.

Linda5234
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 35 of 47 in Discussion

Post by Linda5234 »

Hi,

Anyone know what their rates are for GBP deposits???

bargainboozeandwines
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 36 of 47 in Discussion

Post by bargainboozeandwines »

Bowman wrote:Jeff,

The conditions listed are standard with both the institutions that I bank with.

As to the €20,000.00 limit, this has been posted more than once on this site.
What would be interesting to know is if you invest 200,000.00 TL in four accounts of 50,000.00 TL would you get the same rate as one investment of 200,000.00 TL as this is the only way to protect all your investments.

Currently my accounts are limited to the following amounts:- €20,000.00, 10,000.00 GBP and 50,000.00 TL.

Other members will be quick to point out the if a bank goes under the Central Bank will not have the funds to compensate all the banks customers.

I should also point out that when Birtan left CreditWest he took his customer contact list with him. I was called by Birtan, within the 1st month of his start with Capital Bank, trying to get me to move to Capital Bank. Not very professional and is normally considered a breech of contract.
IMHO i think the last paragraph of this post is a little unfair to Birtan,he also called me to let me know that i would not be seeing him again in credit west as he had been offered a manager's position with another

bank.
What he did was give me a few options to think about,but i wouldn't say he tried to poach me away from credit west.

Anyway better to not have all your eggs in one basket,spread it about a little !!
mandarinorientalcyprus/

https://www.facebook.com/TheRedLionAlsancak/?ref=hl

Making Life Richer For The Pourer |:) (:|

Bowman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 37 of 47 in Discussion

Post by Bowman »

David,

How would you feel I one of your staff left to join another wine shop and took a copy of your customer database with them.

He did not phone to say we would not see him a CreditWest, he only wanted us to move our savings to Capital Bank.

Without saying who had made the cold call or from which bank, CreduitWest filled in the missing information as they had already received a number of complaints from other customers.

So David if I start a wine shop you will be happy to supply me with a contact list of all customers and suppliers.

DRISS
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 38 of 47 in Discussion

Post by DRISS »

Hello Linda

I asked Capital Rates for you while I was in there yesterday. They mentioned that it could go as high as 5,75% depending on the investment.

Thought I let you know.

Jeff.

David
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 39 of 47 in Discussion

Post by David »

Diss
In your last post in this section you said that you were going to give it a shot but you are still asking questions about the bank, why not make an appointment to see the manager and go in and see what they can do for you ..... simple.

Hammerhead
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 40 of 47 in Discussion

Post by Hammerhead »

i take it 5.75 % is on stirling not turkish lira

DRISS
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 41 of 47 in Discussion

Post by DRISS »

Diss
In your last post in this section you said that you were going to give it a shot but you are still asking questions about the bank, why not make an appointment to see the manager and go in and see what they can do for you ..... simple.
I do beleive what you mentioned was not my last post. If you had read it correctly I was replying to Linda's question...simple.

Jeff.

LizA
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 42 of 47 in Discussion

Post by LizA »

FWIW just wish to share that I checked out the advice re Capital Bank and am very happy. Happy with the rates I was given as well as happy with the service I received.

I chose the Catalkoy Branch as it is closest for me - plus plenty of parking space!

The lady who helped me spoke English - Selda Akcar and was very efficient in handling my transfers and the 101 questions I had! Selda's direct number is 0533 825 7183
I cannot recommend her enough after the decline in service I received from other banks here - as well as the high charges I was paying for the 'benefit' of having a current account. I won't mention which banks but there are no charges for current accounts at Capital Bank which is a big bonus.

DenBoy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 43 of 47 in Discussion

Post by DenBoy »

Well, we had our appointment at Capitalbank today.

First and foremost, it was like no other appointment I have ever had with any bank manager and I am almost 65.

We went to the Alsancak branch and spent two hours with Birtan Nazim, the branch manager and I can say without any hesitation that he was the most helpful & informative bank manager I have ever had the pleasure of sitting down with to discuss my financial situation.

We have another appointment with him tomorrow morning to carry on our discussions and finalise everything re our accounts.

Please remember this is our own personal experience but I would have no hesitation recommending the bank to anybody.

Goodnight all.

MoonageDaydream
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 44 of 47 in Discussion

Post by MoonageDaydream »

Anyone know anything about Sekerbank or Turkiye IS bank - ref my other post?

properperson
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 45 of 47 in Discussion

Post by properperson »

Can someone post some examples of interest rates offered on amounts invested ??

Thank you.

RAZR63
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 46 of 47 in Discussion

Post by RAZR63 »

Why not call them or go in and ask them? It all depends on the amount you wish to invest and the currency>

Narcin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 47 of 47 in Discussion

Post by Narcin »

Bloss wrote:Hi we have banked with Capital for over 2 years and thoroughly recommend them. We use the branch at Karaglonolu (can never spell this) Narcin is an absolute gem speaks perfect English and goes out of her way to help Emina is also very helpful Highly recommended
Thank you for your kind comments and for recommending us, It is a pleasure to serve you.

Capital Bank Karaoğlanoğlu branch is one of our Expat branches in the Kyrenia area, therefore having dedicated English speaking personel is a must for us.

Our deposit account interest rates are very competitive on both Turkish Lira and foreign currency (GBP,EURO,USD) and are also flexible with transactions on deposit accounts even if it's not the maturity date of your account.

All our branches provide internet banking facilities, direct debit facilities, International transfer facilities and so on, for further information on our banking services you may visit your nearest branch or contact us on the number below.

Thank you & Kind Regards,

Narcin
Karaoğlanoğlu Branch
0392 822 3506 (Ext 3230)

Return to “FINANCE - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”