Bank Transfers

All to do with money - Banks, Insurance, Savings, Exchange Rates...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

dekski1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Bank Transfers

•   Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Post by dekski1 »

Sending large cash sum to the UK.
What is the best way to send cash back to the UK and cost estimate? Do banks charge differing amounts?

Johnny Lee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Bank Transfers

•   Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Johnny Lee »

I have used my own banks here a couple of times , and been charged a commision, I think each bank as different rates. But very quick , within the hour. Also you can use Money gram. but it has to go in Euros, several banks do money gram, inc. Coop bank, Near East, Credit West, again you pay a commission. Also there is Western Union not sure which banks do this , I think Istikbank. But that needs to be in Dollars.

I think last time I did this it proved most economical from my own bank.Is your money in Stg. or TL ?

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

HSBC do 'no charge' transfers to UK for Premier customers

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

HSBC do 'no charge' transfers to UK for Premier customers

Oops! - Done it again...

genghis
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Post by genghis »

I've been told "NO CHARGE" by two different banks and true they didn't charge but somebody else did down the line in Turkey!!!!
I wasn't warned and apparently they have no control over how much the charge might be!!!!!
Coming from UK, I was charged a small amount by my bank but was still hit down the line in Turkey

Johnny Lee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Johnny Lee »

I have just checked my records and Near East were the most competitive and also reached UK account almost instantly. You will of course need Iban num . and all other details and passport.

It is also advisable to do it AM. because the Central clearing bank stops I think at 2,00 pm our time. Money gram and I think also Gt. Western are person to person not direct to account.

kaiserphil
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Post by kaiserphil »

genghis wrote:I've been told "NO CHARGE" by two different banks and true they didn't charge but somebody else did down the line in Turkey!!!!
I wasn't warned and apparently they have no control over how much the charge might be!!!!!
Coming from UK, I was charged a small amount by my bank but was still hit down the line in Turkey
Not unusual for transferred money to "disappear" for a while in Turkey, until someone screams for it. Happened to me some time ago, and Julie at HSBC managed to get hold of it!

RAZR63
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Post by RAZR63 »

dekski1 wrote:Sending large cash sum to the UK.
What is the best way to send cash back to the UK and cost estimate? Do banks charge differing amounts?
Will need to do the same shortly, who did you choose in the end?

Return to “FINANCE - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”