ATMs that issue Sterling

All to do with money - Banks, Insurance, Savings, Exchange Rates...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

ATMs that issue Sterling

•   Message 1 of 12 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

The question that comes up often on this forum is which ATMs issue sterling. As we appdoach holiday time this question is often asked repeatedly.

I would like to ask Kibkomers to post the locations of known bank ATMs that issue sterling both westside, eastside and in Girne town. I will then attempt to put together a consolidated list which can remain in the finance section so it is easily accesible for anyone needing this information.

Your help is appreciated.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: ATMs that issue Sterling

•   Message 2 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

TEB GARANTI HSBC too. Kyrenia..

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 3 of 12 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

Thanks for reply so far ....please keep them coming. The more the better.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Marions »

cash machine next to Dome Hotel in Girne.

There are not too many machines that do give sterling so I for one owuld like to learn where else.

And it would helpif anyone knows of any in the Famagusta area/Iskele/Karpaz as that might be of help to summer visitors.
Maid Marion of Malatya
'Plan as if you will live for ever, but live each day as if it is your last.'

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 5 of 12 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

Thank Marion

And yes I agree, as well as ATMs around Girne that issue sterling, anyone who lives in other areas please do post giving locations of these ATMS. The more information the better. I can then draw up a list and update accordingly. Will pull a list together after about a week to give time for people to see this post.

Thanks in advance.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 6 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Just a point that - some machines, HSBC and TEB for instance, do not impose a charge for Sterling withdrawal (Garanti could be another, perhaps Deiz1 could confirm) but other machines may make a charge for withdrawing Sterling.

This is quite seperate from any charges made by your UK Bank, and again, some do & some don't charge for Sterling withdrawals outside of the UK.

Cash withdrawals, whether Sterling or local currency, using Credit cards, will of course almost always incur charges!

It would be as well to make this clear, in case 'newbies' think that such machines will allow them access to Sterling completely free of any charges.

turtle
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 12 in Discussion

Post by turtle »

Creditwest at Karaoglanoglu give you an option of drawing Sterling or TL from the ATM..... Not used it for about a year but I think they still offer this service.

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 8 of 12 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

Thanks Keithcaley....will add something to the list about checking the charges either imposed by banks here or your UK bank

woodspeckie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 12 in Discussion

Post by woodspeckie »

The HSBC one near the Dome didn't work during the 5 weeks I was there Jan to 2nd March the screen was just blank no explanation. Supreme at Catalkoy worked for me during this time and one at Lemar Karakum. Also Geranti near 1001 shop in Girne.

rocking
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 12 in Discussion

Post by rocking »

West of Girne. Starling in Alsancak then just before you get to that the petrol station nearly opposite Deniz Kizi. Both give sterling.

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

Garanti in Kyrenia didnt have sterling so I took lira but it gave me the option of the transaction showing up as a sterling withdrawal in my uk bank account which means they only charge me 1.50 £ instead of around 9£. Exchange rate quoted was the same as the change shop so best of both worlds for me.

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 12 of 12 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

Any other suggestions for ATMs that issue sterling. Be good to have a few more especially in areas outside of Girne. Also more details on exact locations of machines would be useful.

Will draw up a list and post early next week.

Thanks for help so far.

Return to “FINANCE - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”