Information wanted please

All to do with money - Banks, Insurance, Savings, Exchange Rates...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

KCA
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Information wanted please

•   Message 1 of 3 in Discussion

Post by KCA »

I dont know if I am posting this in the correct place as I have several questions that cover different topics

We would like some advise as are weighing up pros and cons of moving from the South (Paphos area) to the North of Cyprus. We will be buying a small apartment however I am sure many of you have gone through this process so I have a few questions:
Title deeds - difference between pre74 and TRNC
As a couple living an average lifestyle how much can we expect to spend on monthly groceries
Average utility bills - electricity and water are these monthly
Internet provider -who do you recommend and monthly cost
What are requirements for bringing our 7yr old cocker spaniel with us
We would ideally like part time jobs (being mid 50's young) are jobs available
Where is the best place to look for a car to buy and can we buy a car with our UK passport and driving licence
Is there anything we should be aware of before moving over (early next year)

Any information and or advise will be greatly appreciated
TIA
Carol

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Information wanted please

•   Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

Post by tomsteel »

Carol, there are so may questions You will get all sort of advice upon property ranging from estate agents' minimising the truth to do not move here. I would suggest you come and stay for a while and find your own answers. Regarding advice on the passage of dogs south-north, your best advice is to check with KAR via their website.

Work requires a work permit and employers are loathe to buy them.

My property advice is to rent, do NOT buy. You then do not have to worry about pre-'74 etc.

Monthly grocery costs depend upon local purchase or imported UK/European brands.

Utility bills: electricity, monthly. H2O difficult to say because each area depends upon a different system currently. Is the area connected and supplied via the Turkish supply, does the area have mains or is it tankered?

Internet - recommend Multimax if they supply the area you will move to. Check their website for area coverage, costs/packages.

Cars are expensive. Try Tiga Trading website.

I repeat my recommendation to come and stay for a longish period, accepting the dog may have to be looked after in your absence.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: Information wanted please

•   Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

I agree with everything said...

The minimum wage is now set around the 1,800 to 1,900 TL mark (less than £500 per month) - this is for an average 50 hour week.

Unless you have some exceptional skill which is in high demand, and in short supply, you are unlikely to find employment that will pay you anything worthwhile - and you must secure an offer of employment and your future employer must arrange your work permit before you come to TRNC. Of course, if you come here for a while, and get a job offer, you can always leave briefly while the formalities are transacted, and then return

Return to “FINANCE - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”