Credit West

All to do with money - Banks, Insurance, Savings, Exchange Rates...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Credit West

•   Message 1 of 18 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

Please be aware twice private details of someones bank account transactions have been given to a third person who has no relation to the account holder.Complaints have been made but met with not a lot of response. ( Not my account) by the way.

kaiserphil
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Credit West

•   Message 2 of 18 in Discussion

Post by kaiserphil »

How were the details passed to the third person Deniz? By word of mouth?

Holly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 18 in Discussion

Post by Holly »

Deniz

If that is the case---- quite frightening !!

David
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 18 in Discussion

Post by David »

Always found them to be 1st class

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 5 of 18 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

At the moment the information posted is third hand.

It may have happened, it may not or what happened may have been confused or misinterpreted.

It would be better to let the person involved, work directly with the bank to resolve the issue.

There is little point in speculating or posting something which may not be factually correct.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

Holly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 18 in Discussion

Post by Holly »

Why was this not left in the general forum. it is nothing to do with finance whatsoever and should be available for all to read in the general forum ?????

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 18 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

it did happen.
my friend pays her rent into an account held by someone living abroad. A third person went into the bank and asked if a payment had been made into the rental account and was given the information,

Holly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 18 in Discussion

Post by Holly »

This should not be referred to under finance and should be in the general forum for all to see. Take note Moderators. It is not often I disagree with your judgement , but to do this is wrong - totally. Everyone should see this !

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 9 of 18 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

Deniz1 wrote:it did happen.
my friend pays her rent into an account held by someone living abroad. A third person went into the bank and asked if a payment had been made into the rental account and was given the information,

Please read my post. I said it may or may not have happened. However; the information posted is third hand.

CreditWest may have a completely different interpretation of what happened and in order to protect the forum from any possible legal challenge in the future I have suggested that the two parties involved resolve the issue.

In the past the forum owner has been contacted by a solicitor and has been asked to remove postings or else face possible legal action. Hence we do need to be careful where this thread was heading.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 18 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

I have paid money in a third party's account and noticed other transactions were on the piece of paper you sign which did show the balance , this was over a year ago so assumed they had sorted it out.

Rafferty
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 18 in Discussion

Post by Rafferty »

We were recommended to bank with Credit West and to be honest since we did it has been a catalogue of disasters ...

1. Our pension was not paid in, sat waiting in Turkey for weeks until we investigated. Told it wasn't sent; it was our banks fault ; we dint give the right detailes; etc etc .. all,wrong we gave the correct details but Turkey never sent the money.

2. We couldn't set up a DD for electric board, but then the next month it was deducted from our account !

We did have other issues that caused us concern too.

We seriously considered changing banks due to a lot of mishaps and non customer service !!

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 12 of 18 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

Whilst I understand errors are made and if it is around finances or banking then it is of a particular concern. Having had a bank card cloned and on line account hacked, we take particular care and interest in all our banks.

Have to say we bank with CreditWest and found there service to be good and in particular help and customer interaction very good. We have transferred money from UK via Turkey and whilst being new on island at the time it was fair to say we wondered if it would work - it did with no issues. We were also asked if we wanted to pay water, electric and Belideyesi charges by direct debit. Everything was set up and after 5 years we have had no problems.

Any queries or problems have always been handled well, in fact if we were honest most of our queries have been trivial and often due to our misunderstanding or simply being a bit "dim"

Our UK banks have made errors in the past and I am sure CreditWest are no different, but overall we are very satisfied with their service.

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 18 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

Probably its a good bank but as there is no data protection here I find it worrying that any one can get information about another persons account.

Ragged Robin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 18 in Discussion

Post by Ragged Robin »

It is perfectly reasonable and sometimes necessary to authorise a friend, relative or representative to obtain details of one's own account if one is unable to get there oneself because of illness, absence from the country etc. The Bank will of course require authorisation - usually a Power of Attorney. The details would of necessity include any payments in - including the amount and the source, I don't see how it could be avoided. What should not be given of course is details to facilitate fraud such as account numbers. I think having raised the subject it would be only fair to Credit West to check and let us know exactly WHAT details were provided. NB That is the type of information NOT of course actual figures!!!!!!!!!

Incidentally I have an account with Credit West and as far as I can tell it has been properly, and indeed helpfully, administered . However it is not my main bank so the transactions have been few

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 18 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

read posting 7 ragged robin

Ragged Robin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 18 in Discussion

Post by Ragged Robin »

Deniz1 wrote:read posting 7 ragged robin
I have DEniz, but it appears you have not read mine! I pointed out that it could be perfectly legal and ethical for a bank to, for instance, confirm a payment in on behalf of someone else if they are duly authorised! Nothing in your posting 7 suggests otherwise and I do think you should consider it is a little unfair both to the bank and to other customers to give part of a story which may be misleading without the full facts of what was divulged and why. I really dont understand you point here, but perhaps it is better to drop the subject now rather than draw unnecessary attention to the post.

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 18 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

The person to whom the information was given has no power of attorney neither has the bank. I am sure the account holder would be far from happy and I have informed him as to what is going on. My original post was just a heads up to others. Maybe I wont bother next time.

Jasja
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 18 in Discussion

Post by Jasja »

We have banked with Creditwest now for well over 5 years. In that time we have sent and received money to/from the UK and had no problems whatsoever. We have had nothing but great service from them. Staff are friendly and helpful and when we have asked for advice it´s always been helpful. We can´t fault their service in any way at all.

Return to “FINANCE - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”