Creditwest Bank customer "non-service"

All to do with money - Banks, Insurance, Savings, Exchange Rates...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

SourBrandy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Creditwest Bank customer "non-service"

•   Message 1 of 14 in Discussion

Post by SourBrandy »

Has anyone had the same problems with this bank seemingly being unable to reliably carry out transfers of monies from the UK ?
We discovered today that my Annual Pension was rejected as Vakif Bank, the clearing bank they use in Turkey, had "very recently" "slightly changed" the details required for a transfer from Vakif to Creditwest here and not told Creditwest. Therefore nobody told us, the customer, that the transfer details were invalid. Hey ho, pension gets rejected in Turkey, with ensuing costs for Vakif to send it back to the UK, with consequent delays and, guess what Barclays will charge again for another transfer with the now correct details.

Will Creditwest entertain reimbursing us with these costs and the angst caused by this delay? Will they b......cks, because it apparently “wasn't their fault”. That’s alright then.

Have completely lost faith with them and the banking system here and in Turkey. Such an appallingly cavalier attitude to customer service, with no apology, just the usual shrug, and sheepish laugh at, literally, our expense.

HotHippo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Creditwest Bank customer "non-service"

•   Message 2 of 14 in Discussion

Post by HotHippo »

We had a similar problem in December, with a bank transfer from a UK Bank to Creditwest, via Vakifbank in Ankara.

This is normally a transfer that takes a maximum of two days, but the funds were in limbo for three weeks, from the 13th of December, before being returned to the UK bank, on the 3rd of January

We were assured, by Creditwest, that there had been no changes at all to the details, and that the mistake was due to an error at Vakifbank.

Having waited a while, I made another transfer last week, with the existing details, and it was through in two days, as before.

HH

Thomas
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Thomas »

I have used credit west for UK transfers to trnc for the last 12 years and no problems whatever I did one yesterday and only took 7 hours from me doing phone banking to me noticing it was in my account.

Thomas
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Thomas »

Surely it is the responsibility of the sender to ask for the correct details, to make sure its correct, no point blaming someone else for your mistake,

TheSaints
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 14 in Discussion

Post by TheSaints »

Used Creditwest for 4 years now never had a problem with UK bank transfers and customer service has been and still is excellent.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 14 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Credit West - proud to call themselves "The Expat Bank"! When we first came over ten years ago we had to have a local bank account, we went to Credit West, did not have much money then (nothing much has changed since - lol) but managed to scrape together enough to satisfy the Government here an stuck it in the bank. Next time we went we were told in a loud voice, in front of other customers, that we had only a little amount in our savings and should put more money in the bank. Now there is a way to keep you customers happy! Over the years we have found that those who have large deposits are treated very well by the bank but those who do not are almost ignored at every opportunity. Came to a head last year when they asked us to go in urgently to see them, we went to find out that they wanted to update our details. Asked us if we lived here, wanted proof, arranged a meeting at a specific time and date and we went away. Came the date we went back and were ignored by the person who set up the meeting whilst she carried on with other work, waited for 20 minutes and gave up, told another assistant that she could inform the person we had left and headed for the door - the speed at which we were then accosted was quite amusing but did not work and we left. Discussed it all at home and went back the next week to close the accounts. No problem there apart from we had to come back the next day to collect our money - a massive 17,585TL because "They had to get that from the Central Bank as they don't hold that amount of currency in the bank" - REALLY???

Credit West - wonderful bank if you have money. Have changed banks now and much happier, can even withdraw sterling from the new banks ATM, unlike not being able to do that from "The Expats Bank"!!!
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

SourBrandy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 14 in Discussion

Post by SourBrandy »

To Thomas: We have to rely on what details the bank tells us to use. Have been told by Creditwest this morning that Vakif Bank in Turkey changed the details overnight and didn't inform them at all. So as far as we are concerned we were using the right info as supplied by Creditwest.

Fair enough, but an apology from any of them and some contribution towards the costs they have made us incur would go a long way towards our opinion of their customer service.

SourBrandy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 14 in Discussion

Post by SourBrandy »

Forgot to say above, that yes, we've had transfers via Internet banking within 8-10 hours - works a dream. But when you have to rely on people pushing buttons manually via a clearing bank in Turkey, that's when the problems can start. My pension people rely on Barclays in the UK who then punt it on to Vakif in Turkey or then decide whether they wish to pass it on or not, depending on whether they've minutely (in this case) changed the onward bound details.

tutor4u
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 14 in Discussion

Post by tutor4u »

I must admit that that i am not the most tolerant person when it comes to banks, but when I was informed by Credit West that my pension was floating around a bank in Turkey due to a change in banking details they shrugged , smiled and informed me that it was my problem.

Problem solved, account closed.

UK bank account and draw STG here, convert to lira to get best rate , NO CHARGES.

SourBrandy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 14 in Discussion

Post by SourBrandy »

As a final thought on this banking debacle maybe if Credit West concentrate on their core business ie banking rather than competing with all the other banks to sponsor as many expat events they can then maybe they would focus on providing a service .

Jonnie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Jonnie »

waddo wrote:Credit West - proud to call themselves "The Expat Bank"! When we first came over ten years ago we had to have a local bank account, we went to Credit West, did not have much money then (nothing much has changed since - lol) but managed to scrape together enough to satisfy the Government here an stuck it in the bank. Next time we went we were told in a loud voice, in front of other customers, that we had only a little amount in our savings and should put more money in the bank. Now there is a way to keep you customers happy! Over the years we have found that those who have large deposits are treated very well by the bank but those who do not are almost ignored at every opportunity. Came to a head last year when they asked us to go in urgently to see them, we went to find out that they wanted to update our details. Asked us if we lived here, wanted proof, arranged a meeting at a specific time and date and we went away. Came the date we went back and were ignored by the person who set up the meeting whilst she carried on with other work, waited for 20 minutes and gave up, told another assistant that she could inform the person we had left and headed for the door - the speed at which we were then accosted was quite amusing but did not work and we left. Discussed it all at home and went back the next week to close the accounts. No problem there apart from we had to come back the next day to collect our money - a massive 17,585TL because "They had to get that from the Central Bank as they don't hold that amount of currency in the bank" - REALLY???

Credit West - wonderful bank if you have money. Have changed banks now and much happier, can even withdraw sterling from the new banks ATM, unlike not being able to do that from "The Expats Bank"!!!
Who did you move to Waddo?
Some are wise and some otherwise.....

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 14 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Jonnie, sorry for delay, been busy counting all my kurus - lol. Moved to Garanti bank - no problems. Have no idea what their interest rates are compared to other banks because it has little effect on my huge savings pot anyway. If I had substantial money I may have shopped around more but not worth the effort and with the TL taking a continuous dive I only want to ensure I still have some TL at the end of the day.
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

gmcintyre
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 14 in Discussion

Post by gmcintyre »

I have completed two large transfers last week without any issues using the same details

Sewage
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Sewage »

Hallo Waddo just to say Creditwest are up there own ar.... female staff think there beauty queens flaunting themselves up until a few years ago they would only invite certain customers to their Xmas parties if you remember certain member of senior position would contact my husband after hours on her private mobile phone I wonder why so be aware they know how much you have in your bank account females here are money hungry

Return to “FINANCE - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”