turkish lira

All to do with money - Banks, Insurance, Savings, Exchange Rates...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

scaffman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

turkish lira

•   Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Post by scaffman »

Hi just want to ask the question does anyone know whats happening to the lira against the pound.Its been up and down like a yo yo.Is there any likely it will change .Advises please.

PapaBravo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: turkish lira

•   Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Post by PapaBravo »

The strength of Pound has increased against all currencies over over the past few days.

wackyjim
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Post by wackyjim »

What are the local money exchange rates for sterling just now ? Can get 5.34TL /£ in UK and was wondering if I could get better in NC when I come out in next few weeks
Edit.... Typo error should have read 5.14TL/£
Last edited by wackyjim on Thu 25 Jan 2018 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

You are asking for a prediction on exchange rates? Wonderful idea but no crystal ball will live up to it's prediction. XE.Com currently showing £/TL exchange rate @ £1.00 = 5.33TL. Here in TRNC at this second, expect to get 5.30TL so if you have been offered 5.34 then it is the very first time in over 15 years I have ever seen a higher exchange rate in the UK than in the TRNC.
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

wackyjim
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Post by wackyjim »

Thanks Waddo I agree a bit of crystal ball stuff!! I usually bring sterling across with me as almost always the rate is better in NC and will probably do the same again next week.

waz-24-7
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Post by waz-24-7 »

The Turkish Lira continues to loose value as opposed £ sterling gathering strength.
Sterling remains comparatively weak against Euro and the US $ in comparison to pre referendum levels.

The Turkish administration under Mr Erdogan is strong with good internal support. However Investors and Markets fear the iron fist of rule that Mr Erdogan holds and investment is going else where and the Turkish economy is being adversely effected.

At 5.30 tl to each pound sterling the level is unprecedented. Great if your a visitor. Not so good if you have historic tl savings and investments.

Return to “FINANCE - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”