Transferring money. Transferwise.

All to do with money - Banks, Insurance, Savings, Exchange Rates...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Kath
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Transferring money. Transferwise.

•   Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Kath »

Have sent money to AU several time using transferwise.com simple cheap to use. Gives a decent rate of exchange.

IE i have just looked at someone paying me a deposit of £549 from euros. The exchange rate is 99.99999% the same as XE and the cost is approx 3 Euro.

They pay in in Euro I draw out in GBP. The money never actually move out of Euros, they have multiple bank accounts so my bit come out of their GBP bank

Well worth looking at if you need to move money.

PapaBravo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Transferring money. Transferwise.

•   Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Post by PapaBravo »

Useful info - thank you.

ozankoys
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Post by ozankoys »

Hi thought this was interesting & just looked at the website. It seems you cannot send money in the same currency though it has to be exchanged for another currency.

Kath
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Kath »

Haven’t tried that. Not sure but I think you might be able to set up a bank account with them to do it. Don’t have the need let us know if you find out more.

magalan
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Post by magalan »

I have been trying to set up a Transferwise a/c to send Turkish Lira overseas, but have been unsuccessful insofar as T/wise require my Turkish Kimlik Card no. in order to verify me on their system. Below is the text of their reply to my question to their helpdesk.....

Thank you for contacting us.

Please know that due to the regulations in Turkey, all our customers that want to send money from TRY would have to verify their Turkish ID number before we are able to complete the payment no matter where they are resident.

Unfortunately, North Cyprus seems to use TRY as their currency but they are not considered as part of Turkey, hence we are not able to send TRY from North Cyprus.

So unless you have a Turkish Kimlik, even though you are living in a country that is not considered as part of Turkey, but seems to use TRY as the currency!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! don't bother with Transferwise. It looks to me as if they should read up on the TRNC............

Return to “FINANCE - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”