has anybody probs with pension

All to do with money - Banks, Insurance, Savings, Exchange Rates...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

gates
Business contributing to forum
Business contributing to forum

has anybody probs with pension

•   Message 1 of 17 in Discussion

Post by gates »

I have been told buy my bank that i have to change my pension details the reason being that they pay through the city bank who then change it to Lira and send and to the Vlatifer bank but they do not put payes name on it so they are saying after 3 years they need a name on it & from now on they will send it back . I asked the bank how to go about this they said dont know . Its a nightmare dealing from here with the pensions & i was told buy the bank many others are in the same boat . Has anybody sorted way round it or done it . I get paid every 3 months to cut down the costs so have to sort buy November as they did pay this time but wont next . Think they are just being a pain in the but

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: has anybody probs with pension

•   Message 2 of 17 in Discussion

Post by tomsteel »

Yes. I have three separate pensions paid into Capital Bank here in the TRNC. I contacted all three paying authorities instructing them how to effect the monthly transfers. They provided their form, which I completed and returned.

On the forms they ask for the bank receiving the payment in Turkey. I then supplied this information and additionally annotated the receiving bank in the TRNC, plus my account name and account number for the payments to be credited.

This worked well until I Jan '18 when the UK insisted on increased security measures to be implemented and letters sent to me here in the TRNC never arrived, ergo, I never responded and pension payments ceased. Hopefully, after many frustrating and expensive telephone calls the UK errors have now been rectified for all pensions I am entitled to. Final pension resolution to be confirmed by Capital Bank next week, or back to the 'phone again.

Bullsnil
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 17 in Discussion

Post by Bullsnil »

My father-in-law hasn't received his August state pension from the UK so I wonder if this is the problem. Thought it might have been something to do with Bayram but now I don't think so as they gave all week to sort that out (apart from Thursday of course).

Bullsnil
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 17 in Discussion

Post by Bullsnil »

gates wrote:I have been told buy my bank that i have to change my pension details the reason being that they pay through the city bank who then change it to Lira and send and to the Vlatifer bank but they do not put payes name on it so they are saying after 3 years they need a name on it & from now on they will send it back . I asked the bank how to go about this they said dont know . Its a nightmare dealing from here with the pensions & i was told buy the bank many others are in the same boat . Has anybody sorted way round it or done it . I get paid every 3 months to cut down the costs so have to sort buy November as they did pay this time but wont next . Think they are just being a pain in the but
Gates, when you say your bank do you mean in the UK or here?

tylerbabe
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 17 in Discussion

Post by tylerbabe »

I have changed our address on private pensions when we moved from Turkey now they are sending letters asking to fill out a tax self certification form

Do you pay tax on private pensions here ?

Ragged Robin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 17 in Discussion

Post by Ragged Robin »

I got a letter for my State Pension asking me to confirm that I was still alive. The letter arrived six weeks after the cut off date for the confirmation. By the same post I got a letter (dated the same!) saying my payments would be stopped. After long telephone conversations and then only after pointing out I needed the money for essential medication, my payments were reinstated and back payment made. I also received a letter giving me an email address I could contact ifI did not receive the letter in time! I am now trying to work how I am expected to know it has not arrived when I have not received it!

What annoys me is that because I knew "snail mail" was unreliable I spent a lot of money setting up internet -- now the financial people wont use internet because they say it is unreliable. The Pensions Service could at least send the form by Internet as uncompleted it does not uncompleted contain any confidential information.

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 17 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

I was told by the pensions dept that they dont send out proof of life forms every year its random. Luckily I have a spare so I will send it if my pension stops. Strangely I cannot call the number they give from my mobile but I can from a friends.

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 17 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

Can you share the email address?

Laura B
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 17 in Discussion

Post by Laura B »

This is the official email address:

[email protected]

Laura B
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 17 in Discussion

Post by Laura B »

Sorry forgot to add they will send a blank life certificate by email if the snail mail position is explained to them. I found them very helpful.

tylerbabe
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 17 in Discussion

Post by tylerbabe »

Hi guys is private pension I am asking about you do not get taxed on government pension ta

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 17 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

Thank you LauraB

Laura B
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 17 in Discussion

Post by Laura B »

You're welcome Deniz1. It is also possible to phone them on 0044191 21 87777.

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 17 in Discussion

Post by tomsteel »

tylerbabe wrote:Hi guys is private pension I am asking about you do not get taxed on government pension ta
Government based pensions are most definitely taxed by the HRMC and is taken at source prior to payment.

artistabroad
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 17 in Discussion

Post by artistabroad »

Hi guys is private pension I am asking about you do not get taxed on government pension ta
It’s my understanding that you pay tax on any pension if your annual income is above the tax free limit, basically £12,500 per annum for 2019/20. However your state pension is counted first, then your private pension, so you will end up paying any tax owed from your private pension. For example my late husband did not pay any tax on his state pension, but as his private pension pushed him over the limit he paid all tax owed from his private pension.

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 17 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

Thats the number I call but am told I am dialing an incorrect number its just my phone I can call it from any other!

Laura B
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 17 in Discussion

Post by Laura B »

Well I always use Skype for international numbers otherwise my credit runs out too fast!! So that is all I know. Sorry can't be more help.

Return to “FINANCE - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”