Revolut card question

All to do with money - Banks, Insurance, Savings, Exchange Rates...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Revolut card question

•   Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

OK I have looked on the app and on line but cannot find in simple English the answer to this question. I am sure I have read about it on here but cannot find that now.

So all I need to know is how to apply for a second card for my wife? I see I can apply for a second card but then that has to be used exclusively by the account holder (me) or she can apply for one in her own right. When we are out we both use the card but recently there have been times when we have both needed it in different places which makes life a little more difficult.

IPMAN
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Revolut card question

•   Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Post by IPMAN »

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Thanks for that ipman but it still looks like 'officially' the second card must be used by the account holder. My wife uses the one we have now regularly and has never been challenged despite it clearly having a man's name on it but there may come a time when she is challenged and embarrassed and I want to avoid that if possible.

I see by further searching on here is is possible for her to have her own card and link the two accounts so may go that route. Just wanted to see what others have done and what was the easiest.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Now I have been directed to the Revolut community I think the answer is no.

https://community.revolut.com/t/an-extra-card/32963/14

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

We applied for one each, that way we can both withdraw up to £200 per 30 day period and exchange £5000 without charge. After that it's 2% per transaction which we found cheaper than using our UK bank cards. We're just back from visiting 8 different countries in Europe and it was an absolute godsend. We also use it here for all our shopping North and South, we use the same UK account to transfer money to the accounts and we usually get a message from the app saying the money has arrived before the Bank app has confirmed the transaction.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

I think that may be the way we will go rather than risk someone refusing the transaction because my wife is using a card with my name on although it has never happened yet.

Yes and no
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Yes and no »

Revolut have just added Apple Pay now so even better.

Return to “FINANCE - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”