Cost of living

All to do with money - Banks, Insurance, Savings, Exchange Rates...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Trickyone
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Cost of living

•   Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Trickyone »

Forgive me if in wrong place, my wife and I are looking into moving to North Cyprus, we have checked cost of living comparison web sites, but only turkey comes up, not TRNC, so the question is how does prices compare to turkey, or is their somewhere we can get this info? Also does the exchange rate effect prices, ie do they adjust prices to match the exchange rate?

Thanks.

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

Re: Cost of living

•   Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

I am sure you will get plenty of feedback on the subject of cost of living in North Cyprus.

If you use the search facility you may be able to find answers already on the forum as this is a question that is often asked.

Good luck with your research.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Post by tomsteel »

Trickyone wrote:Forgive me if in wrong place, my wife and I are looking into moving to North Cyprus, we have checked cost of living comparison web sites, but only turkey comes up, not TRNC, so the question is how does prices compare to turkey, or is their somewhere we can get this info? Also does the exchange rate effect prices, ie do they adjust prices to match the exchange rate?

Thanks.
You must appreciate most goods in the TRNC are imported. If the TL suffers any depreciation, import costs rise (as costs are either £, $ or € priced), ergo local prices rise. Research the TRNC cost of living over the last few years.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Trickyone wrote:Forgive me if in wrong place, my wife and I are looking into moving to North Cyprus, we have checked cost of living comparison web sites, but only turkey comes up, not TRNC, so the question is how does prices compare to turkey, or is their somewhere we can get this info? Also does the exchange rate effect prices, ie do they adjust prices to match the exchange rate?

Thanks.
I don't think prices in Turkey will give you much idea tbh.

I would suggest you put up a list of items you want a price on.

Re the exchange rate, they did put the prices up last year when the lire was plummeting, now the lire is doing well we wait with baited breath, but that is the same the world over. Prices do probably move more than in the UK due to inflation here but its not Venezuela.

Rent and utility bills are depending on what you want/have?
Or will you buy? In which case you'll need a lot of advice.
Are you going to buy a car out here or bring yours?

You need to do a lot of research but it is a great place to live

Mint1955
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Mint1955 »

http://www.devplan.org/Frame-eng.html

This website has a lot of tables and links for cost of living rises etc

Return to “FINANCE - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”