Banking Problem

All to do with money - Banks, Insurance, Savings, Exchange Rates...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

The Dog Walker
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Banking Problem

•   Message 1 of 12 in Discussion

Post by The Dog Walker »

Is there anyone who banks with Nationwide in UK, who could help me to understand all these newfangled ideas, and show me what I need to do. I would be most grateful.

13roman58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Banking Problem

•   Message 2 of 12 in Discussion

Post by 13roman58 »

We bank with Nationwide.
Was advised last month to ensure contact details were up to date,all internet banking will be subject to a code issued using the card reader and code sent to your phone and e-mail address .
Has not happened yet .
Send me a PM if you want to communicate some more.

Dalartokat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Dalartokat »

I’m with Nationwide and 2 days ago I ordered something on line and it now sends you a code number to put in the payment area. So your details have to be up to date, your mobile phone has to be up to date to receive the message.

Not sure what happens then if your in North Cyprus, did you get details of when this was going to start, it’s been on my internet banking screen for at least 3 months telling you when it was going to start.
If you ever get tired one day of life, take a rest, lean your back on the stone, not people. Cold but safe...

Dalartokat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Dalartokat »

If you ever get tired one day of life, take a rest, lean your back on the stone, not people. Cold but safe...

Agobard
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Agobard »

I ordered a couple of airline tickets on line about 3 weeks ago via a Nationwide credit card and the telephone number that appeared on the site was not mine and therefore I could not complete the transaction. I rang Nationwide credit card division and they recognized that I had been trying to make a payment. They told me that the system could not send a code to an overseas mobile number. As I had confirmed that I was trying to make this payment they told me to try again and they would ensure that the payment went through without verification - which it did. Nationwide have my correct TRNC mobile number by the way. If this is how it's going to happen every time then it doesn't work for me!

PapaBravo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 12 in Discussion

Post by PapaBravo »

I also made a card purchase on-line using my NW credit card and almost immediately received a text from NW confirming the amount paid, and a code that I had to insert. The text came through on my UK mobile number - I have a dual sim phone with one sim for my TRNC numbers and the other for my UK numbers. Hope this helps.

MnM
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 7 of 12 in Discussion

Post by MnM »

I bank with Nationwide, Halifax, Monzo and Starling, with the later two mainly for loading up when visiting TRNC.

I paid for WizzAir flights via Online Payment option from Nationwide Account and got the new Two-Step Varification process thrown at me. Takes a bit longer, but correct me if i'm wrong, it wont happen with every transaction??? Upgraded my luggage a few days later and paid by Nationwide (Visa) Debit Card and the payment didn't go through, tried Monzo, got a pop up box asking for Monzo code, entered my PIN Number into Monzo app, tapped accept, transaction completed in a matter of just a few seconds more.

I think the Nationwide way will be a pain one day when the card reader may not be to hand.

The Dog Walker
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 12 in Discussion

Post by The Dog Walker »

Thanks to all those prepared to help me with Nationwide. A friend has taken me through it now several times, and at last I've managed to get it right a couple of times, though I consider it a somewhat complex affair. Pity it couldn't have been simpler. Again, many thanks. The Dog Walker

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 12 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Halifax are gradually inserting another level of security code numbers. My husband had to do it about 2 weeks ago, but they haven't ask me to do it yet, but I suspect its only a matter of time before they do. I'm also wondering whether its for customers who they feel don't have secure enough passwords already? Just a thought.

Sultan
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Sultan »

I believe that all banks have been asked to use a two stage security log in by the FSA ( Financial Services Authority) to help combat the mounting fraud. Most seem to provide you with a numerical code sent to your phone number registered with them as the extra level of security.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 11 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Possibly a good policy to keep your mobile 'phone and bank/credit cards in separate pockets then!

If someone steals both, then they would be fully equipped to raid your assets...

carrierbag
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 12 in Discussion

Post by carrierbag »

I have been with Nationwide for sometime and opt for the verification via the card reader they issue.

I have always had to have a security code sent to (the card reader) when paying a new person. This is not new.

Return to “FINANCE - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”