Poor Customer Service

All to do with money - Banks, Insurance, Savings, Exchange Rates...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

smiley
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Poor Customer Service

•   Message 1 of 12 in Discussion

Post by smiley »

It’s 12:35pm and we’ve just arrived back after sitting, clutching our ‘Teller Ticket’ for 40 minutes waiting to withdraw some money from the Credit West Bank only to be turfed out because it was their lunchtime but they used the excuse that the system was down but the fact was their wasn’t enough counter staff for the number of customers waiting to be served.

They then told us to come back at one o’clock so off we go again, touch wood we might get served this time.

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Poor Customer Service

•   Message 2 of 12 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

It never ceases to amaze me that in this day and age with all the IT at their disposal, there are still banks who stick to this antiquated practice of closing for lunch. Is it really beyond their capability of planning a rota system? To the best of my knowledge all the Turkish banks stay open and suitably manned (I stand corrected if this is not the case, but at least the banks I use do) so why not the local banks? smiley, I hope you availed yourselves of a cup of coffee?

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 12 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

We closed our account with Credit West some time ago over a days delay in them being able to produce 17,000.00 TL as a withdrawal, because they said they did not hold that amount of Lira normally! Thought it strange as a chap two customers in front of us had just deposited 15,000.00 TL in cash. Took our business elsewhere!
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

Reyntj
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Reyntj »

Credit west in magosa are revolting i woukd never bank with them had exactly the same situation i waited for an hour to speak to an expat banking member of staff . They new at outset i was english and a big sign said expat banking ! . When it was my time they said sorry lunch now and also nobody could speak english and tocome back after lunch ! I asked would anbody speak english then they said no. I have never been back . I remembernow it wasnt lunch but 20 to twelve ! Expat banking what a joke....

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 12 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Well, as I've stated in another thread re a synagogue, its a sign of the times that in the Karaoglanoglu Credit West, there are at least 2 or maybe 3 full time Russian speakers. Not necessarily Russian but Ukrainian or from one of the "......stan" countries.

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

Universal bank dont close for lunch.

suel5
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 12 in Discussion

Post by suel5 »

Capital bank don't close for lunch either.

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 12 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

sophie wrote:It never ceases to amaze me that in this day and age with all the IT at their disposal, there are still banks who stick to this antiquated practice of closing for lunch. Is it really beyond their capability of planning a rota system? To the best of my knowledge all the Turkish banks stay open and suitably manned (I stand corrected if this is not the case, but at least the banks I use do) so why not the local banks? smiley, I hope you availed yourselves of a cup of coffee?
Credit west were one of the first banks that did not close for lunch but then the staff couldn't have lunch together!, i remember when they changed to shutting at lunch time and all could go out together

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

As with many successful businesses they get too big for their boots

Kay123
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Kay123 »

Archaic and typical of customer services throughout the TRNC. Universal Bank in Catalkoy stay open and have always been more than helpful. The staff are friendly and the manager is always happy to help ex pats and speaks perfect English.

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

Thats why I stay with them at Universal KAY123 not all singing and dancing just straightforward banking which is all I need.

gates
Business contributing to forum
Business contributing to forum

•   Message 12 of 12 in Discussion

Post by gates »

Yes Universal great been with them for 10yrs no lunch & most of the time straight in and out

Return to “FINANCE - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”