Iktisat bank charges

All to do with money - Banks, Insurance, Savings, Exchange Rates...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

kedikat2903
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Iktisat bank charges

•   Message 1 of 3 in Discussion

Post by kedikat2903 »

I tried to close my sterling current account at Iktisat bank as the charges are making it dwindle away to nothing. I was told I couldn’t close it as it is tied to my sterling interest account. I didn’t want to close my interest account at that time. Does anyone know what happens when the money runs out? Do they start taking the charges from my interest account? Has anyone else had this problem? I expect I’ll end up closing both accounts and going elsewhere

iv_cyprus
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Iktisat bank charges

•   Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

Post by iv_cyprus »

Hello,

I had same thing with them. Basically every savings account you have, has to be tied to a current account with the same currency. This is policy of all banks, not just iktisat. Iktisat charges as far as i remember 20 TL once per 4 months for maintaining your current account. There are banks which do not charge for current accounts maintenance and ones which do. I have noticed once your money in current account finish, they will take the maintenance fee when you put money in the current account.

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

Re: Iktisat bank charges

•   Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

We have two accounts at a local bank. One is a TL account which is used for day to day expenses and bills, the other is GBP savings account. So not the same currency?
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

Return to “FINANCE - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”