Interest on sterling

All to do with money - Banks, Insurance, Savings, Exchange Rates...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

solic200
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Interest on sterling

•   Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Post by solic200 »

What are the latest interest rates on Turkish Lira and Sterling in the TRNC at the moment. Thanks

13roman58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Interest on sterling

•   Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Post by 13roman58 »

Look on the various banks website

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Just to get you started, here's the Creditwest Deposit a/c interest rate page

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

No problem really, I'm getting 0.01 % on a couple of my UK accounts and have just had email to warn me that it might well go down to 0%.. depending on the Bank of England.

Reyntj
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Reyntj »

Telling someone to look in the banks websites is not good advice in the trnc. In general the local banks pay the highest rates and its at the managers discretion what rate they will give . So word of mouth is key here . Its useful to have this questiion continually updated but perhaps it should be posted in the finance section.

My guess is capital bank have being paying the most with something 3% plus. Last year they where paying up to 5+! but you had to put in a lot . I was getting 4.5 % and it got dropped down recently to 3.75 % . Maybe its less now . Keep in mind also there is tax of 20 % to pay . I dont know how much it is now because i encashed my savings.

What you can get will depend on how much you put in and your ability to persuade the manager to give you the best rate . Also what someone else is getting might not now be available to you . However i have a sneaking suspicion that the local banks will be keen to attract deposits at this moment in time ! (:"()

Return to “FINANCE - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”