Banking

All to do with money - Banks, Insurance, Savings, Exchange Rates...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

lilnrob
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Banking

•   Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Post by lilnrob »

Am thinking about moving banks and just wondered what people thought of their bank and why?

Thanks

Bogaz58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Banking

•   Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Bogaz58 »

We're with Capital in Alsancak, very happy with them, added advantage of numerous insurance products.
I dare say you might get better investment rates elsewhere but I find the customer service good, pleasant staff most, if not all, speak English too.

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

With regard to investment rates, I have this voice that sounds in my head which says "if its too good to be true then it usually is" I agree though, although I don't bank with Capital, the staff have always been more than helpful. Unlike at least one bank in Alsancak whose attitude is "do you bank with us" "Sorry, no says I". "Can't help you, next number please". All I wanted to do was hand over some 100tl notes for 200tl.

dippersgirl
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Post by dippersgirl »

We bank with Türk Bank in Famagusta and they are perfect.
The little dealings we have had with Ziraat have put us off them totally

Adybalfor
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Adybalfor »

yes, think I know the bank in alsancak you are refering to. We left them and went with capital bank best move we ever did. House insurance more than halved and customer service is pleasant now.

ljarvo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Post by ljarvo »

I would stick with either Garanti or TEB as they have owned by European banks this also makes international transfers easier

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Post by tomsteel »

Of the 11 years living full time in the TRNC, we have used three separate banks. Capital was, by far, the best for service, customer satisfaction, promptness of appointments, premises environment and easy on the eye staff with excellent English. If I still lived here I would have stayed with Capital. The bank also organises competitive insurance as has been highlighted, plus vehicles' sales and has many branches, not just on the 'northern strip'.

Return to “FINANCE - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”