Help needed Using transferwise

All to do with money - Banks, Insurance, Savings, Exchange Rates...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

kedikat2903
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Help needed Using transferwise

•   Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Post by kedikat2903 »

I am hoping to use Transferwise to send money to my Creditwest account. The online form with Transferwise only lets me enter one beneficiary bank(Vakif bank) and IBAN number. In the reference box there is only enough room for my name and account number . There’s nowhere to put Creditwest details. Will the Turkish Vakif bank recognise my account no. as being a Creditwest account ? I have emailed Transferwise and they said Cyprus uses Euros and they didn’t understand why a turkish bank was being used. Even though I explained the account was in the north and had to go through an intermediary bank. Anyone able to help please ?

gates
Business contributing to forum

Re: Help needed Using transferwise

•   Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Post by gates »

Once u join do it then. If you get there card u can use it here from your uk account just transfer to that account and change to TL use the card at no extra cost from uk

kedikat2903
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Post by kedikat2903 »

Thankyou Gates for your reply. . I did join but as I wrote before there is nowhere to put my creditwest details. There is only room for the Vakif bank details. I will be getting a card but there’s no way for me to get it sent to Cyprus. Never had any luck with post from U.K. to here. Most of my letters from U.K. have never arrived. Wouldn’t trust the post with a bank card.

kerry 6138
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Post by kerry 6138 »

I think you might need to open a account with one of the Turkish mainland banks that has a branch here in TRNC this will give you a IBAN number.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

I have responded in your other thread. You do not have to open a bank account with a bank here that has branches in the UK.

gates

•   Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Post by gates »

Try ozi taxis they have a way of getting post to here with out problems probably via P.O. Box in south

Return to “FINANCE - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”