Problem using a Wise VISA card at ATM

All to do with money - Banks, Insurance, Savings, Exchange Rates...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

kedikat2903
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Problem using a Wise VISA card at ATM

•   Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Post by kedikat2903 »

I received my Wise VISA debit card(was TransferWise) recently. Apparently they are not issuing MasterCard any more just Visa. I tried to use the card at an ATM today to withdraw Turkish lira. The machine accepted my pin no. Then Screen said transaction couldn’t be completed. I tried twice with different amounts requested. Nothing. I used my Lloyds debit card. No problem. Has anyone else got a Wise VISA debit Card? Any problems with it? This new card has no embossed numbers,no expiry date and no name on the front. On the back is my name and the three security numbers. I did query this with Wise and was told it’s extra security and everything is recorded on the chip.

kerry 6138
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Problem using a Wise VISA card at ATM

•   Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Post by kerry 6138 »

Have you activated the card in the app

kedikat2903
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Post by kedikat2903 »

Thanks for your reply. Yes. I activated it on Friday. I sent them a message. Waiting to hear from them

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

I know with the Revolut card mine is a Visa and Head Office's is a Mastercard, don't ask how.

Anyhow it seems out here that you can only use a Mastercard in a Mastercard ATM and a visa in a Visa ATM so to get cash out means going to 2 separate ATMS.

It sounds like you have the same problem I had when trying to use Head Office's card in a Visa ATM.

So I suggest trying another ATM who accepts VISA as they don't seem to accept all cards in all ATMs like in the UK.

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

Just in case it's the same as Revolut, I got a new one last week and it said that the card had to be used in a card machine transaction before it could be used in an ATM. So I bought some stuff in the local store using the card and then went to a Limissol bank ATM and withdrew cash (TL) successfully.

Brazen
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Brazen »

Not sure whether it’s relevant but a company I have to make a monthly payment to are no longer accepting Wise payments. No idea why.

Return to “FINANCE - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”