Revolut card

All to do with money - Banks, Insurance, Savings, Exchange Rates...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

flossiepietrzak
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Revolut card

•   Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

Post by flossiepietrzak »

Just arrived in Northern Cyprus and tried to use our revolut card to pay for a new phone at the Turkcell shop which was rejected . Do we have to change any of our information to be able to use our UK card freely here ?Thanks

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Revolut card

•   Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Shouldn't have to, try it in a Starling or Lemar.
Not being funny but you know it doesn't work like a credit card ,you have to load it up first?

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

We use our Revolut card all over the place here without an issue. As Enjoying the Sun said above make sure you have sufficient funds. If you have just message Revolut within the app and ask them why.

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

Not sure why it wouldn't work unless it is frozen in the app - check the security settings? Contact Revolut

Last year my card stopped working, when I contacted Revolut they said someone had tried to use it fraudulently online so they'd disabled it. Whilst I appreciate them doing that, it left me without a card for several months.

The next one I got (non embossed) worked sporadically for a few months then when I queried it with Revolut they cancelled it, sending me a new one... Again without a card for a couple of months.

So now I have 2 cards, a spare card that hasn't been activated (in case something similar happens again) and the one I use on a day to day basis.

I've disabled my active card for everything other than ATM withdrawals and card machine transactions (even contactless is disabled). I reckon that these are 'safer' transactions as you need a physical card and PIN to do them and I'll notice (sooner or later) if I lose my card and can freeze it in the app.

flossiepietrzak
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

Post by flossiepietrzak »

Thanks Guys I contacted Revolut and had to turn the security location off and that sorted it !

Mowgli597
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Mowgli597 »

Forgive me for asking in this Forum but I don’t know anywhere or anyone else who might be able to help….

This morning I found a Revolut card lying in the street. I brought it home and called the number on the back of the card where I was informed that that was an automated service only and that I should use the app if I wanted to speak to a human.

I don’t have a Revolut card or account, ergo no app.

I tried the option in that automated phone number to close a card but that asked for a phone number which I was told was not in their database (naturally enough).

I tried for quite a while to find any kind of contact which would help me on what I should do with this card/for the account holder but nothing. Emails to [email protected] bounced; that to [email protected] gave me [email protected] - which then said that address can only be used by providers (eg banks).

I’m now at a loss what to do. I want to do the right thing so wondered if a Revolut account holder with the app could speak to a human and asked on my behalf what might be done.

My default options are to:

a) hand the card into the Gardai

b) cut it up in bits and hope the account holder handles it - but if it was my account I’d rather like to know it’s completely secure

Any suggestions?

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

I have a Revolut card and I would hope that anyone else who has lost one would immediately cancel it via the app. My advice is just cut it up. You could take it to the Police but even then the card should be cancelled and even they would have difficulty finding the owner. If the owner contacted the Police and got the card back I am unsure if they could have that card reinstated.

aerhere
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

Post by aerhere »

You can freeze a card in the Revolut app to prevent fraudulent use should you find it has been mislaid and can unfreeze it when recovered.
With the difficulty in getting post sent here, it might be a better option to hand the card in to the police and hopefully the owner will get it back for future use.
If the card is used, it will send a message to the mobile phone linked to the card, so the owner will be 'notified' of the transaction they have not performed and freeze the card. You can only lose as much money as you put onto the card for spending.

frontalman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

Post by frontalman »

My Revolut card won't work in any Cardplus or Smart bank macines but will work in any others - Ziraat, Garanti, Capital, TEB, Is bank, Turk bank etc. I think this is a problem with fairly recently issued cards. The older cards seem to work fine everywhere.

Mowgli597
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Mowgli597 »

Well I went to follow Chriswright03’s advice to cut up the card - and broke the scissors. Somebody isn’t happy with me (>:)(

The flipping thing is made of metal.

Ended up in the shed with the tin snips (:Z)(

Last time I try to be nice :-1:(

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Whoops! :lol:

Return to “FINANCE - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”