TRNC foreign Id number. (Wise Setup)

All to do with money - Banks, Insurance, Savings, Exchange Rates...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Damien_208
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

TRNC foreign Id number. (Wise Setup)

•   Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

Post by Damien_208 »

Hello everyone,
.New member here. I'm so glad I found this forum with people like me; not speaking Turkish and living in North Cyprus has been a challenge. I'm an international student at EMU and have been having challenges receiving funds from my benefactors. At the moment I'm trying to set up my Wise account(which was made with turkey as the country btw) to solve the issue but every time I input the foreign ID number on my student permit it tells me I need an 11 digit number instead. Please does anyone know how I'm supposed to get an 11 digit one? or if there's a connection between the foreign ID number in TRNC and mainland turkey?

MnM
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: TRNC foreign Id number. (Wise Setup)

•   Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

Post by MnM »

Welcome to the forum Damien. I can't help with your query but others may be along shortly who can. If you can spend a bit of time here and there to try and learn a bit of Turkish it will have benefits, depending on how long you're here for and what your current student load is like of course. Even just the basics to get by will be useful. I mostly use Google translate to string sentences together and once you understand pronunciations https://mylanguages.org/learn_turkish.php is also a wealth of information. Sorry to go slightly off-topic and i hope your query gets solved.

JoandJelly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

Post by JoandJelly »

I have a Wise account which I set up with my UK passport number. I had to upload a photo of my passport for identification purposes.

Dalartokat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

Post by Dalartokat »

Damien_208 wrote:
Tue 08 Mar 2022 6:58 am
Hello everyone,
.New member here. I'm so glad I found this forum with people like me; not speaking Turkish and living in North Cyprus has been a challenge. I'm an international student at EMU and have been having challenges receiving funds from my benefactors. At the moment I'm trying to set up my Wise account(which was made with turkey as the country btw) to solve the issue but every time I input the foreign ID number on my student permit it tells me I need an 11 digit number instead. Please does anyone know how I'm supposed to get an 11 digit one? or if there's a connection between the foreign ID number in TRNC and mainland turkey?
I could be wrong but I think it could be a Kimlik Card no. (an ID card) they are requesting if you opened the account through Turkey.
If you ever get tired one day of life, take a rest, lean your back on the stone, not people. Cold but safe...

Return to “FINANCE - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”