Blocked UK Debit card.

All to do with money - Banks, Insurance, Savings, Exchange Rates...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Deputy Dawg
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Blocked UK Debit card.

•   Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Deputy Dawg »

First post on this forum. I am from the south but come over occasionally.
I hope to receive a little help here.
I have blocked my UK Debit card by accident. I do know the number but had a mental block while at a garage getting petrol.
The card issuer call centre suggested that I might be able to unblock the card at an ATM of an overseas branch of of a UK bank. I am visiting Kyrenia next week and see that there is an HSBC there. Has anyone ever tried to unblock a UK Card at HSBC in TRNC. Alternatively are there any customers of HSBC who could ask when next in the bank?

Thanks in advance

Deputy D

chelwood
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Blocked UK Debit card.

•   Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Post by chelwood »

deputy dawg , I had a problem while drawing money from my uk hsbc account , the machine broke down just before it delivered the money , went into the farmagusta branch of hsbc who informed me that they don't have any records or dealings with uk accounts , so I contacted the uk who sorted it out straight away , so my advice based on the information given , contact the uk who will ask a couple of security questions and will then reset or effect a new pin number .

tel 0044 8457 707070 .

I hope this post is helpful to you .

Owl Lady
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Owl Lady »

Chelwood is correct,HSBC TRNC do not have direct dealing with UK.As Chelwood said contact UK and they are very helpful.

Deputy Dawg
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Deputy Dawg »

Thank you Chelwood & Owl Lady. I thought it too good to be true, but the UK call certre told me to try. I do have a new card on the way but as this is August & post is just not delivered as most of the post office are on holiday. I am over on Thursday, will lots of offices etc be on holiday in TRNC?

BLUE BUTTERFLY
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Post by BLUE BUTTERFLY »

Deputy Dawg wrote:Thank you Chelwood & Owl Lady. I thought it too good to be true, but the UK call certre told me to try. I do have a new card on the way but as this is August & post is just not delivered as most of the post office are on holiday. I am over on Thursday, will lots of offices etc be on holiday in TRNC?
Hello DD,

According to my TC hubby, thursday is not a bayram, only friday.
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

Return to “FINANCE - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”