Thank you Pegasus

Find out about Flights, Taxi's, Transfers. Let members know what flight deals you managed to get.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

tutor4u
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Thank you Pegasus

•   Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

Post by tutor4u »

So we book 2 flights return to uk, last March (2020), flights cancelled because of Covid, so we turn them into Open Tickets, hoping we could use them later in the year.

Pandemic get widespread, so still unable to fly to uk because of quarantine both in uk and North Cyprus, so we choose to cancel our open tickets.

The result is we spent 517.68 GBP, total refund 135.90 GBP (why 135.90 GBP ????)

Moral is for us is, to take the full refund and start a fresh booking or book with Turkish Airlines.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Thank you Pegasus

•   Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Don't take it personally. I did the same thing last January and paid out considerably more than you did in sterling. What I got back from Pegasus nearly 5 months later was the equivalent of 480 in sterling, in Lira cash from the Travel Agent. Down to value of Lira -v- sterling on the day. I was told in May that I would receive a total refund but I hadn't realised it would be total refund as it stood 5 months later. I paid with Credit Card BTW. I gather with have to live and learn that these are difficult times for the travel industry with winners and losers and we were the latter.

Hellsbells
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

Post by Hellsbells »

tutor4u, I had a similar experience with Pegasus whereby I converted booked flights into open tickets. When I realised we would be unable to use the open ticket I phoned them & asked for a refund. They happily processed this but, as with your experience, I only received approx half the cost of the flights. I queried this with them & was advised that I would have been told at the time I converted the tickets that they were subject to restricted refund clauses. I didn't recall being advised of this (I doubt I would have gone ahead otherwise) so I appealed & they did settle the remainder of the monies. It might be worth you appealing?

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Hellsbells, in my case I booked through a local travel agent and was emphatically assured that I would NOT be receiving a further settlement. If I had booked on line it could very well have been different.

Return to “TRAVEL - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”