Private visa to Russia, any ideas?

Find out about Flights, Taxi's, Transfers. Let members know what flight deals you managed to get.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

brianc
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Private visa to Russia, any ideas?

•   Message 1 of 3 in Discussion

Post by brianc »

I am British , married to a Russian. I would like to get a private visa to go to Russia.
Yesterday we came to the Russian consulate on the Greek side.
I was asked to show
1. the original marriage certificate with an apostle ( we have got a certificate but without this thing- never heard about it before).
2. a document that I am legal in Cyprus( a yellow slip), my TRNC residency is not valid.

Has anybody tried to get a Russian visa ? Perhaps it is easier to get a tourist visa?Perhaps there is no chance for British nationals to get a Russian visa at the moment (I mean Crimea conflict)

Any ideas?

Erkin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Private visa to Russia, any ideas?

•   Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

Post by Erkin »

Unfortunately Russian Consulate in Nicosia does not give any visa for any purpose to Visit Russia for residents living in North Cyprus.
As a British National you have 2 options. 1. need to go back to the UK and apply via the consulate in London or 2) travel to Ankara or Istanbul and apply at the consulate in Turkey.
If your marriage certificate is issued by the TRNC then sorry for you but Russia only accepts RoCyprus marriage certificate.
The alternative is apply for a tourist visa and deal with the migration department in Russia.
Erkin Salih

brianc
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Private visa to Russia, any ideas?

•   Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

Post by brianc »

Thanks

Return to “TRAVEL - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”